Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:45:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Getting rid of Suburban Propane
« previous next »
: [1]
: Getting rid of Suburban Propane  ( 7827 )
khort
: 149

« : June 02, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »

Now that spring has sprung I am on the search for a new propane company. As i know many of you are, I am extremely disappointed in Suburban Propanes price gouging, terrible customer service, & horrible business practices. Looking for suggestions good & bad on other local companies. I have made it my mission to switch before another delivery is needed!
trussell
: 870

« #1 : June 02, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »

Ooh, Tom Feerick has great advice on this topic!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Wormerod
: 44

« #2 : June 02, 2014, 12:32:18 PM »

I signed up with Hilltop Energy Buyers group last fall, and even though liberty won the contract, the price through the buyers group was almost half of the pre-buy price liberty offered.

It costs $50 to join and any tank swaps are covered is part of the program. The more folks who join, the better the bargaining position of the group.

Here is a link to the website.

http://hilltopenergybuyers.webs.com/

Good luck,

Bill Ormerod
« : June 02, 2014, 12:37:37 PM Wormerod »
FletcherGram
: 103

« #3 : June 06, 2014, 02:49:32 PM »

Onsite Propane in Cambridge. Awesome service and prices.
roadrnnr
: 62

« #4 : January 24, 2015, 10:26:38 PM »

I to am fed up with Suburban. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

Any more suggestions that deliver in Fairfax
Norton
: 85

« #5 : January 31, 2015, 08:46:16 AM »

We just switched away from Suburban.  Had been buying from them for almost 30 years, since it was RL Vallee.  Every time they got bought out, the customer service deteriorated, and this last winter Suburban sent me bills for money I didn't owe them -- three separate times.  That, and their prices have consistently been significantly higher than most.

We decided to go with Patterson.  Too soon to say much, but they have been good to deal with so far.
kpplus2

« #6 : January 31, 2015, 09:11:42 AM »

I think Liberty was bought out as well. I waited over 10mins just to get someone on the phone when I called  the St. Albans office yesterday, No big deal until they told me I wasn't a heavy user anymore and my rate went from 2.39 to 3.50 a gallon. 4 years they have never told me that and my usage hasn't changed, This spring the tank goes and so will liberty. to bad I liked dealing with them. Going to look for an independent company who is not owned by a big conglomerate. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: