Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:25:50 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Moments In 2014!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Moments In 2014!  ( 3148 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 11, 2015, 04:43:54 PM »

Moments in 2014!

Posted: 10 Jan 2015 12:40 PM PST
2014 was a big year for PHPG.  We worked with farmers, artisans, and local entrepreneurs to help them improve their businesses. We distributed our 500th loan. Celebrated our 6th anniversary of working in Nicaragua. We built new partnerships.

Here are some highlights from a successful year.

A PHPG loan recipient demonstrating how he etches designs onto pottery.

The PHPG team in Nueva Esperanza, Granada

We celebrated a new partnership! Here's PHPG Coordinator, Joe with Arlen from World Vision Nicaragua.

PHPG loan recipients and craftspeople standing next to their beautiful handmade tables

Fulgencio paid off his 3rd PHPG loan! Here he is with Executive Director, Isabel.

The PHPG team walking the streets of Nueva Esperanza, Granada.

Joe, Juan Carlos, and Steve enjoying a moment by the fire.

PHPG Fiesta in May!

PHPG Coordinator, Berly ,waiting for the bus with Nazareth, Martha's (PHPG Loan Officer) daughter.

Marlene, the President of the Cooperative Tierra Nutrias, shows us the Coop's grain storage and mill.

Visiting with PHPG partner, EOS. Milton took us around his farm to see EOS technology at work.

December workshop with women micro-entrepreneurs in Matagalpa

We're moving toward another great year!

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : January 11, 2015, 07:47:13 PM »

Thank you, Henry for posting this.  Since I had posted some information about PHPG earlier, and suggested it as a locally run charity, I wanted people to read about exactly what PHPG is doing, and as the blog shows, they are doing wonderful work helping people out of extreme poverty.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: