Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:40:22 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Looking for chicks
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looking for chicks  ( 5505 )
techgirl
: 5

« : May 27, 2014, 07:32:32 PM »

I know it's late in the season to start a laying flock, but we thought we were getting one kind of chicks and we ended up with a bunch of meat birds instead. We're going to go ahead and raise them, but were really hoping to get a small flock of egg layers started this season so we'd have eggs this fall. We'd rather buy them locally than through the mail since they've got to brave the winters here and we figure local stock will be hardier (we're recent transplants from Virginia so our southern birds would have had a hard time this past season). Any leads on chicks or breeds would be welcome. I think we've missed all the local poultry swaps, but if you know of another one, please let me know! Thanks!
7F30
: 47

« #1 : May 28, 2014, 05:52:31 AM »

Check with Oliver seed in Milton.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 28, 2014, 08:24:06 AM »

www.manta.com/c/mm2rqsq/oliver-seed-co   Cached
Get information, directions, products, services, phone numbers, and reviews on Oliver Seed CO in Milton, VT. Discover more Farm Supplies companies in Milton on Manta.com

Henry Raymond
techgirl
: 5

« #3 : May 28, 2014, 11:13:03 AM »

Thanks- Oliver's is saving chicks for me! I thought since they had a swap over the weekend that they'd be done for the season, but they've got some being delivered tomorrow.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : May 29, 2014, 07:11:19 PM »

The thread topic intrigue me....

Oh well.
Torrie Dennis
: 53

« #5 : May 30, 2014, 08:24:19 AM »

also I saw a sign this morning that Elm Hill farm in Colchester has baby chicks for sale
: [1]  
« previous next »
: