Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:56:09 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Power outage 5/21
« previous next »
: [1]
: Power outage 5/21  ( 5663 )
Travis
: 141

« : May 21, 2014, 05:23:57 AM »

Did anyone else lose power from around 2-3am this morning? Does anyone know why it went out? There shouldn't have been any weather related issues.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 21, 2014, 05:49:22 AM »

Mike Cain reported on Facebook that a car hit a pole in the hill going up the hill to the mini mall.  Apparently, according to Yvonne Eastman they are still working on it.

Henry Raymond
Travis

« #2 : May 21, 2014, 06:30:17 AM »

That would explain it. Very close to my house. I was surprised that the power went out last night because it seems very stable here and we never lost power all winter, even during the ice storms. I was very happy that it was restored within an hour of going out. Especially at that time of night/morning.
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : May 21, 2014, 07:02:45 AM »

Back in the early 60's Maryann & I lived at 80 Fletcher Rd & we never lost power because the power line came almost directly from Fairfax Falls

Henry Raymond
Travis

« #4 : May 21, 2014, 07:08:59 AM »

We've lived in this house since 2007 and last night was only the second or maybe third time the power has ever gone out. It is so infrequent that I don't keep track. Also, I forgot to say thank you for the previous information Henry. You're the best!
chelseaclark
: 54

« #5 : May 21, 2014, 07:22:16 AM »

Thanks for the explanation! My dog woke me up at 2:00 AM quite shaken up about something. In 10+ years of living in our house on Main St., we've lost power only a few times.  It is interesting to experience how dark the night would be if we didn't have the street lights and the parking lot lights nearby. It was a beautiful moonrise!
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : May 21, 2014, 07:12:32 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT
                                               DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
                                                    VERMONT STATE POLICE

PRESS RELEASE

CASE#:                                  14A202098
TROOPER:                           LUCAS J HALL
STATION:                             ST. ALBANS
CONTACT#:                        (802)524-5993

DATE/TIME:                        05/20/2014 - 23:42 HOURS

VIOLATION:                        DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS (DUI DRUGS)
                                               POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE (NARCOTICS)

ACCUSED:                           NICOLE L. DEUSO
CITY:                                      JOHNSON, VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:
On May 20, 2014, at approximately 23:42 hours, St. Albans Troopers responded to a single motor vehicle crash involving a vehicle that had crashed into a telephone pole on VT Route 104 in the town of Fairfax, VT.  Upon arrival, Troopers identified the operator as Nicole Deuso, age 42, of Johnson, VT.

Further investigation led Troopers to suspect that Deuso was operating the motor vehicle under the influence of drugs.  After completion of the Standard Field Sobriety Tests, Deuso was taken into custody for suspicion of DUI and transported to the St. Albans Barracks.

During a search of Deuso, Troopers located 30 prescription narcotic pills which were not prescribed to Deuso.  In addition, Troopers discovered approximately 3 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.  Deuso has since been charged with Possession of a Controlled Substance (Narcotics) and issued a VCVC for her possession of marijuana.

While at the Barracks, Deuso was evaluated by a Drug Recognition Expert (DRE).  Deuso was ultimately determined to be driving under the influence of narcotic drugs and was processed for DUI.

At the conclusion of processing, Deuso was released to Franklin County Detox.   Deuso is scheduled to appear in the Franklin County Superior Court/ Criminal Division on June 16, 2014, at 13:00 hours to answer to the above charges.

COURT DATE:  JUNE 16, 2014, 13:00 HOURS
COURT:  FRANKLIN COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT/ CRIMINAL DIVISION
PHOTOS: YES
FINGER PRINTS: YES

Trooper Luke Hall

VERMONT STATE POLICE
Troop A- St. Albans Barracks
140 Fisher Pond Rd,
St. Albans, VT 05478
(802) 524-5993

Vermont Department of Public Safety | Vermont State Police

Press Releases: http://vsp.vermont.gov/press_releases