Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:20:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Are The Moles Getting To You This Year???
« previous next »
: [1]
: Are The Moles Getting To You This Year???  ( 10079 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 27, 2014, 05:24:41 PM »

An IBM friend of mine sent me this as I was complaining about the moles to anyone that would listen:

I work at a golf course here in a North Carolina and we have tried many options for getting rid of moles.  We have found that the best method is to feed them Gummy Bears.  I know it sounds strange but placing them in and around their holes really works.  And it doesn't cost that much.  Hope it helps you.

Henry Raymond
Judi
: 508

« #1 : April 27, 2014, 06:05:40 PM »

chewing gum works also!
sue
: 124

« #2 : April 27, 2014, 09:20:16 PM »

moth balls or crystals work too.  As does banana peels
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : April 27, 2014, 10:16:59 PM »

Moth balls/crystals, banana peels & chewing have no effect on theseFletcher Rd rodents.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : April 28, 2014, 03:08:17 PM »

I like what Bill Murray did in Caddyshack.....

It seemed to sort of work but was a little tough on the landscaping.

http://youtu.be/U0Hx5ka1FiA
nhibbard
: 393

« #5 : April 28, 2014, 05:38:32 PM »

He's raising an army.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #6 : April 29, 2014, 07:37:23 AM »

The Moles on Fletcher Road like to taunt you and those little buggers are all over up here this year.... Hmm Gummy Bears, they probably cannot digest them.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
khort
: 149

« #7 : April 29, 2014, 07:44:25 AM »

I have heard that grubs attract them to certain areas; so to use some sort of grub control on your lawn. Maybe because its been a wet spring? Unsure, but they are a pain.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #8 : April 29, 2014, 07:52:31 AM »

That is correct, they love to eat grubs.  Dad has this stuff that the moles do not like the smell of and that sends them on their way.  The Grub-x to get rid of the grubs Dad said did not work.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
gumby542
: 22

« #9 : April 29, 2014, 08:17:49 AM »

I got a  something g called a mole chaser from my sister. It's like a little wind turbine on a metal pole. It has offset bearings in it so that it wobbles and rattles. The rattling is supposed to irritate the moles and keep them away. Thought it was just a gimmick, but haven't had mole issues in 2 years
Mollyd79
: 44

« #10 : April 29, 2014, 11:46:05 AM »

I've been told to tackle the grub/japanese beetle problem first since that is what moles like to feed on. Using milky spores to slowly kill the grubs (1-3 years) will make the moles go elsewhere to feed. I have not done this myself so I can't confirm that it works firsthand, but I've heard success stories. Good Luck!
Willinreach
: 33

« #11 : May 02, 2014, 07:49:53 PM »

My cat(s) have been leaving at least one mole and one mouse on the back door step for the past 2 weeks.  Glad she is taking care of them, just wish she would find a better spot to leave them.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #12 : May 05, 2014, 11:09:15 AM »

Castrol Oil mixture spread on your entire lawn has been working for us... that and the neighbors cats.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Ann
: 10

« #13 : June 18, 2014, 09:41:36 PM »

Now if you are trying to let them live I am not the person to answer your question BUT if you want them never to make a tunnel in your yard again I can tell you what works for us.  Not sure how many little ones they have or when they have them but we cut our number of tunnels a lot last year and hopefully each year it will get less and less and if not we now have the product to use each year.  Talprid Mole Bait Mole Control purchased on ePestsolutions.com
Good Luck Henry.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #14 : June 19, 2014, 04:23:16 AM »

voltage..................did you ever see a worm raiser ? a cord split with 2 metal insulated rods at one end stick in ground ,plug it in and stand back with  a shovel to WACK A MOLE
: [1]  
« previous next »
: