Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:18:55 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Property Transfers Have Been Updated
« previous next »
: [1]
: Property Transfers Have Been Updated  ( 5411 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 22, 2014, 06:28:30 AM »

Hi All,

Just can't believe the prices of property here in Fairfax.  Sure glad I am not out there trying to buy a house.  Anyhow I have updated the property transfers up through April 7, 2014.  The link is on my index page and you can also get there by clicking on the following link:

Henry Raymond
nhibbard
: 393

« #1 : April 22, 2014, 09:51:51 AM »

I haven't been keeping up on the SelectBoard meetings. Why did the Town sell two parcels recently?
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #2 : April 22, 2014, 01:55:16 PM »

to pay for your schooling
Counselor
: 55

« #3 : April 22, 2014, 03:22:27 PM »

I haven't been keeping up on the SelectBoard meetings. Why did the Town sell two parcels recently?

They were tax delinquent two years.  After the second year the town can sell it at auction to recoup the taxes ... and more.  There were actually four properties sold last Feb.  Not sure the status of them all now, but once it is "sold" the original owner has a year to reclaim the property by paying the back taxes etc.
nhibbard
: 393

« #4 : April 23, 2014, 04:41:47 AM »

Thanks. So does that sort of explain why the property wasn't transferred to the Town prior to them selling? I was kind of expecting a transfer to the Town then a transfer to the new owner.
logical
: 141

« #5 : April 23, 2014, 05:48:38 AM »

So if the original owner ends up paying the back taxes within the year what happens to the new owners?  Do they get their $$ back?
kpplus2

« #6 : April 23, 2014, 12:40:31 PM »

What happens is your house goes  for tax sale, let's say i buy it. You have 12 months to pay the back taxes, fees, and the current taxes. In other words pay me back. The catch is to pay me back it's at about 12% interest. So I win regardless i either get 12% on my investment or the property. The issue is it kind of holds up the property for a bit unless the old owners sign a release statement saying they release all ties to the property  in other words we are not going to pay you back.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: