Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:27:16 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Fund Raisers
| | |-+  Library Seeking Sponsor for Summer Reading Prize Bicycle
« previous next »
: [1]
: Library Seeking Sponsor for Summer Reading Prize Bicycle  ( 3418 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : April 14, 2014, 10:16:28 AM »

Dear Library Friends,

The library is seeking one or more community partners – either individuals or a local business - to sponsor a Summer Reading bicycle.  The cost of one bike is $250.

Each year, the library participates in a state-wide thematic Summer Reading Program which is designed to keep youth and teens reading and engaged in learning throughout the summer months.  Research shows that students can lose ground over the summer months if they are not actively engaged in learning.

Our program has proven to be very successful.  Over 200 children and teens signed up to read last summer!  Each summer we offer special events and incentives to make visiting the library appealing and fun for children and teens.  The library’s annual budget includes funding for much of this program, from performers to supplies, certificates and more.  In addition we will receive some funding support from the Vermont Department of Libraries, Fairfax PTSA, BFA-Fairfax Trustees, and the Library Trustees.

Our biggest incentive prizes are a pair of bicycles – one for a boy and one for a girl.  Earl’s Cyclery and Fitness in South Burlington supplies the bikes to us at a discount.  If you are interested in contributing to this literacy effort in Fairfax, please contact me by May 1.

Thank you so much for your consideration. 

Sincerely,
Debbie Landauer, Public Library Director
fairfaxlibrarian@gmail.com or 849-2420
: [1]  
« previous next »
: