Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:01:22 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA SCHOOL BUDGET REVOTE INFORMATION
« previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
: BFA SCHOOL BUDGET REVOTE INFORMATION  ( 53509 )
vtmomx3
: 11

« #60 : April 09, 2014, 10:02:36 PM »

Is anyone else wondering why the budget was only reduced by $65,675 but there is an addition of a building level Student Support Administrator for $85,000? I do not agree with cutting teacher's salaries but I do agree with eliminating positions if they are not needed. We have a district Student Support Services administrator...is BFA so large that we need to hire another administrator for just one school? I don't think so. Just a thought as we go to vote tomorrow.
tfence
: 257

« #61 : April 10, 2014, 05:38:48 AM »

Vote no today. I agree that the ipads are a good addition to the schools. Although they should not be used in any way as a toy. They should be used as a tool only. No games on them. They really only come with a cost of about 100k a year, not as big as the real problem. The problem is the staffing. There is clearly a lot less students in the school now than say 15 years ago. There is a lot more staff than 15 years ago. Don't take it personal. If a restaurant had a lot less customers in the winter. Where would the first cuts be, staff. If a manufacturing plant had a decline in contracts. They would have layoffs. You cant tell us that every teacher in the school is above average and gives 100%. Time to pay the piper for those ones. The other issue is the state mandates that have been put on the schools without state funding. The only way we have a voice on this is by voting down the budgets. Bottom line is that our taxes cannot keep climbing at the rate they are. 3-4 times faster than inflation. 6-7 times faster than the average person gets their wages increased. If you all have seen the news. Government spending is beyond out of control. For starters this is where we can start to tell them enough is enough.
« : April 10, 2014, 07:13:08 AM tfence »

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
: