Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:41:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Judy Cleary's Mother Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Judy Cleary's Mother Passes Away  ( 2206 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 08, 2007, 06:18:18 PM »

Charlotte (Montgomery) Soule
(February 14, 1915 - July 8, 2007)

Charlotte (Montgomery) Soule
Sheldon - Charlotte M. Soule, 92, a lifelong resident of this area passed away peacefully on Sunday, July 8, 2007, shortly after arrival at the Northwestern Medical Center with her loving family at her side. She was born in St. Albans, Vermont on February 14, 1915, the daughter of the late Edward J. and Lulu S. Montgomery. On December 16, 1936, in St. Albans she married Horace W. “Hod” Soule who preceded her in death on April 28, 2005.

Horace and Charlotte moved to Montgomery in 1946, where they owned and operated a farm on the Black Falls Road for forty years. Upon retirement they moved back to Sheldon. Charlotte enjoyed writing poetry and had a book published in 1998 entitled “MAMA SAYS”. She was a member of the Sheldon Grange and a charter member of the Rainbow Girls in St. Albans. She was a dedicated wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. Her unconditional love and attention will be greatly missed by all of those who knew and loved her.

Survivors include her daughter; Judy S. Cleary and her husband, James, of Fairfax, five grandchildren; Mrs. Joel (Kathleen) Lennen of Mars, Pennsylvania, Mrs. Eric ( Jill) Mackey of Middlebury, Vermont, Thomas J. Cleary (Kimberly) of Pembroke, New Hampshire, Jesse J. Soule (Karen) of Montgomery, Vermont and Theodore S. Cleary of Sheldon, who resided with his grandmother for the past six years. Charlotte is also survived by fifteen great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews. She also leaves a supportive friend, Jean Hogaboom and her family. In addition to her parents and husband, Charlotte was preceded in death by a son; Peter Soule on November 21, 2004, and her siblings; Marjorie S. Dennis, Horace W. Montgomery and Edward S. Montgomery.

At Charlotte’s request there will be no funeral services. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired, 37 Elmwood Avenue, Burlington, Vermont 05401. Assisting Charlotte’s family is the Heald Funeral Home of St. Albans. Messages of condolence are welcome at www.healdfuneralhome.com.
« : July 08, 2007, 06:23:37 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: