Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:31:40 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Thanks For Fairfax History & Shaving Cream
« previous next »
: [1]
: Thanks For Fairfax History & Shaving Cream  ( 3328 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 05, 2007, 08:11:21 AM »

Hi All,

Have a couple of items that I received from some of the forum members that are worth mentioning.  Back at the beginning of May I got a note from Bev Raburn who said she had found a Fairfax Historical Book and wondered if I had it.  After she described it, I realized it was a hard cover copy of the Fairfax, Its Creation And Development from 1763 to 1976.  I told her I had and that a group of people had written the book and it had been on sale by The Fairfax Historical Society for a number of years.  I had a paperback copy.  When she asked if I thought anyone would be interested in it, I sent her back a note telling her I was as my paperback was kind of dog-eared.  I use mine a lot to supplement my memory of things that have happened in Fairfax.  Bev sent it on to me, and I really do appreciate it.  I have left it in the Jiffylite folder she sent it to me in so that it will stay like new and still use my old one for research.  Many thanks Bev (Luman) Raburn.

I also got a note from Scott Day near the end of June telling me:

“Hi Henry,

Just wanted to let you know that my mom was in Hannafords today, and found some shaving cream that comes in a tube. She picked one up for you to try out (after reading your newsletter about it, she has been looking for the shaving cream and the root beer barrels). Anyway, the brand is called "Kiss My Face."

If you are interested in trying it, we could run it up to you on Sat, if you are going to be around. Please let me know...

Scott”

I let Scott know that I would be interested in trying it, but for him not to make a special trip up here from Swanton.  Last week when I was mowing my lawn, happened to look over towards the house and there was Scott delivering my tube of “Kiss My Face.”  Thanks Scott, I really appreciate it.  I now have the 3 tubes of Palmolive Lather I got at Kinneys, 1 tube of Palmolive Brushless I got at Ricks that I am now using as well as the tube of “Kiss My Face” I got from Barb Day.  One might say at my age, this is probably close to a lifetime supply.  I will be saving the Palmolive Lather as a last resort.  Believe it or not, someone already has some up on E-Bay for sale.  It is a partial tube, unlike mine that is brand new and has never been opened and still sealed with the little foil wrapper.
« : July 05, 2007, 08:14:06 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: