Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:37:08 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I Just Sent The Chipmunk To A New Home - Now This!!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: I Just Sent The Chipmunk To A New Home - Now This!!!  ( 2406 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 04, 2007, 08:17:16 AM »

Hi All,

First off, Stacy told me yesterday they would be picking up the trash today.  Nothing makes me more cranky than this sight as I go out to get my paper:

For a number of years now I have been able to put my trash out the night before without a problem, until today.  I am sure this is an animal of the wild and not a dog as I have seen no dogs roaming around the neighborhood.  Got a note from a friend of mine who lives up on Fairfield Ridge on our old farm and things could definitely be worse.  Below is his note:

"Well I sure am glad to know you are a trapper. About 1 month ago my bee hive was invaded by a black bear which I have seen along with others & people estimate it to weigh about 350 pounds. I have since moved the hive to a friend that lives on the Buck Hollow road hoping the 3 mile distance would be enough so the bear can't locate it. It came back again on Sunday night looking for the hive.  It turned the bee hive stand up side down looking for dinner.  Now knowing that you seem to be a qualified trapper, I was wondering if you might be interested in trapping this creature. Let me know if this is something you mght want to do. lol.   
                                         Thanks, John"

As you might have guessed, I declined the offer.  In regards to my trash, I guess I will just have to multi-task on Wednesday mornings and bring my trash out when I go and get my newspaper.[/b]

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : July 06, 2007, 09:11:17 PM »

Henry,

That is so bad that the dogs do that there in VT.

We have a little problem here too with garbage.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/wildlife/bears/story/9110452p-9026695c.html

Sad news
: [1]  
« previous next »
: