Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Official Voting Results
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Official Voting Results  ( 12469 )
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #15 : March 06, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »

extra curricular .theres 250 grand right there,what is the planning room????theres another 150 grand...TUITION REIMBURSEMENT.gone,,,,,there I just cut 1 million in 10 seconds.hey chief my kid goes there to so don't pull the race card on me
nhibbard
: 393

« #16 : March 06, 2014, 06:14:34 PM »

You could take it item by item or by percentage. Another option is to freeze at the old rate or take the savings, whichever is lower. Some departments had substantially higher salary increases than others.

We could go with a 1.6% overall increase which was CPI for the last calendar year.

There are tons of ways to micromanage the budget but what is the magic number that people were shooting for. If it's salaries, do we look at when staff got increases and adjust by that. Salary savings would save across a few line items because of taxes and benefits.

Do we not put more money into capital items and see if the building maintains or degrades?

Which of these budget lines are contracts that are fixed and which can actually be adjusted? It's fine to say no but if they lock into fuel costs, you can't budget less than what was contracted. You also shouldn't contract for less consumption than the prior 3 year average.

Why did contracted services go up so much for Guidance, that's a large increase that could be a savings, but again, micromanagement of line items.

I can go line by line and shot in the dark eliminating costs all day but I didn't attend the budget meetings as I'm sure many in Town did not either based on what I see at meetings. I'm not saying anything about the time one has available, they have email and all the notice possible was made. I'm not sure how to justify to a group of grown adults the process of making a budget only to have it shot down for no apparent reason other than the assumption it's too much. If you have a number, lay it out, don't beat around the bush with no constructive comments. People want more money, this is them asking, if you disagree say why. Feel free to say, "I don't want to pay staff more, I don't think the physical condition of the facilities is that bad, I don't think we need this program or that". But be prepared to stand by you decision if cutting salaries affects competent staffing or building deterioration.

Since this budget didn't pass, my suggestion is a 1.6% increase as the ceiling. Take all the savings that are realized and freeze salaries as necessary. Leave physical building improvements as presented. I believe my ceiling is $12,315,136. That is 1.6% CPI over that last budget, by taking savings the number will be lower, adjust salaries up to the ceiling split evenly between all staff.
tfence
: 257

« #17 : March 07, 2014, 05:16:49 AM »

I agree

Since this budget didn't pass, my suggestion is a 1.6% increase as the ceiling. Take all the savings that are realized and freeze salaries as necessary. Leave physical building improvements as presented. I believe my ceiling is $12,315,136. That is 1.6% CPI over that last budget, by taking savings the number will be lower, adjust salaries up to the ceiling split evenly between all staff.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
gkmcnall
: 130

« #18 : March 07, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »

I encourage you to attend the School Board meeting on Monday, March 10th

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=17375.0
« : March 10, 2014, 07:04:02 AM mkr »
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: