Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:54:05 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Fairfax Selectboard Campaign Introduction
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Selectboard Campaign Introduction  ( 4498 )
Pete King
: 6

« : February 19, 2014, 07:11:20 PM »

Greetings. My name is Peter King and I'm looking for your support as your representative for a position on the Fairfax Selectboard.

I am a previous Fairfax Selectboard member and was unable to run for re-election in 2012, due to a Family member's illness. Now, I'm available to continue serving the Town.

During my last term, some of the Selectboard' s accomplishments was to enhance the Town's Ordinance Program, continue the sidewalk funding program, Town Health Safety Program, identify alternate water sourcing and work with a local manufacturing company to conduct business in Fairfax.

I've been the Fairfax Health Officer and Constable for the past several years. You may have probably seen me functioning as the Town Constable conducting motor vehicle speed enforcement while our children are walking to and from school.

My knowledge, training and over 30 years of experience involving Public Safety and Law Enforcement, will enhance the current Fairfax Selectboard.  I have strong interpersonal skills and I encourage team involvement with respect to problem solving issues that may arise. My main focus will be on the necessary allocation of taxpayers funds.

So, with your support, I hope to be a strong but modest voice of the community to furthering the progress of making the Town of Fairfax a prosperous and safe place for us all.

I hope that you will exercise your voting rights at the Town meeting on Saturday, March 1st and on Election Day, Tuesday March 4th. Both events are being held at the Fairfax School. See you there!

Thank You for your time.

Peter King
Fairfax Selectboard Candidate
johnmitchell
: 62

« #1 : February 23, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »

Peter King is an excellent candidate for Select Board and I will support him in the next election.  He has every quality that is needed to help Fairfax and I commend him for running.  Please turn out to vote.  John Mitchell
lena6
: 357

« #2 : February 23, 2014, 11:52:08 AM »

Pete, you can count on my vote.  Good luck.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : February 26, 2014, 10:20:15 AM »

Pete,

What are your thoughts when it comes to the Utility (Water/Sewer) being in the red and how will you assist in not placing the burden on the tax payers who are not users of the water/sewer department.

How will you respond if there is a vote and you are against it but it passes by a 3 to 2 or 4 to 1 vote.  Will you stand behind the Select Board decision and support it?

Thanks you for taking the time to answer these questions.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: