Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:31:55 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I 89 SB is backed up from the area of the Colchester weigh station to exit 17
« previous next »
: [1]
: I 89 SB is backed up from the area of the Colchester weigh station to exit 17  ( 4095 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 05, 2014, 08:12:58 AM »

DATE/TIME: 2-5-14/ approx. 0720 hrs.

VEHICLE #1
OPERATOR: Shaylynn Thompson
SEAT BELT? Y
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Essex VT

DESCRIPTION OF VEHICLE:  2005 Honda Civic
DAMAGE TO VEHICLE: left front/ rear

INJURIES: None

WEATHER: snow
ROAD COND: snow covered

SUMMARY OF CRASH:
                This one vehicle crash occurred on I89 near mile marker 95 south bound in Colchester.  The vehicle lost traction on the snow covered roadway.  The vehicle traveled off I89 and struck the ledges causing minor damage to the vehicle.  There were no injuries.
                Traffic will be affected for some time while the scene is cleared.
                Operators are reminded to slow down with the inclement weather causing roadways to be slick.

At this time I 89 SB is backed up from the area of the Colchester weigh station to exit 17.  It is at a standstill in certain areas through there.  VSP has units in the area trying to clear up cars off the road.    Updates will follow as necessary.

Mike Taptick
Emergency Communications Dispatcher
Vermont State Police - A Troop
Phone: 802-878-7111
Fax: 802-878-3173
« : February 05, 2014, 08:14:53 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : February 05, 2014, 06:57:22 PM »

It isn't always operator error, I just want to say. I do not drive fast at all in inclement weather and have found in recent years with the new liquid the state uses (as opposed to salt) the roads--esp the interstate is slicker than it ever used to be and the state ramped up its commercials telling motorists they need to slow down--when you're sliding off the road at 20-30mph, I guess the next option is to ski to work.
That said, I avoid the interstate, because of that and there are certainly those drivers of SUVs who feel invincible....

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
mirjo
: 785

« #2 : February 05, 2014, 07:00:49 PM »

I forgot to add, if speed were an issue here her car would have been damaged--AND most 20 y/o girls are not daredevils in the snow!!!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : February 06, 2014, 04:45:08 AM »

I agree with you Mirjo.  I have 3 daughters & never had to worry about them speeding or drag racing.  Mary Kay drove in with her F150 in 4-wheel drive yesterday & said it was terribly slippery.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: