Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:11:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Country Pantry
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Country Pantry  ( 13544 )
workingmom
: 10

« : January 29, 2014, 08:00:42 PM »

We just left Country Pantry very disappointed!!!  Myself, my Husband and two boys, went there for dinner.  The total of our bill was $77.00 without a tip!!!!  The special was mac and cheese and bacon with 2 chicken strips, which cost $17.95!!!!!  When I asked about the price of the mac and cheese, I was told because it was homemade and made with Cabot cheese, that is why it was the price on our bill.  I informed the owner with prices like that, as local consumers, we would not be visiting AGAIN!!  I can make homemade mac and cheese with bacon and chicken strips a lot cheaper than $17.95 per serving. 
nancyd
: 304

« #1 : January 29, 2014, 08:55:06 PM »

I haven't been there yet since the new owners took over. I did a little search of some restaurants that offer the same meal...it's around $12.00. I don't know, but in these times,especially with Vermont salaries so low...trust me, they are. And I mean across the board low. I believe everyone needs to do their part to make living here more affordable, especially when it comes to a deserved nice meal with your family at affordable prices.

We are not talking steak here...which you could have at another restaurant for that price. People love to have their special local place where they can eat with their family for a well deserved night out. But it should be affordable, because an upset customer is one you may not see again....now is that worth the upscale price of a Mac and cheese dinner with 2 chicken tenders?

lena6
: 357

« #2 : January 29, 2014, 09:07:28 PM »

Did you know the price before you ordered?  You are right, it is a ridiculous  price, especially for a special.
workingmom
: 10

« #3 : January 30, 2014, 05:06:07 AM »

We were not told the prices of the specials as they were read to us.  Just did not expect mac and cheese to be that expensive.
lena6
: 357

« #4 : January 30, 2014, 09:04:30 AM »

Remind me to always get the price of a special.  Cabot cheese is good but not that good.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : January 30, 2014, 11:58:02 AM »

Sorry to hear this, we order there a lot and have not had a bad experience since the new owners took over.  It is $$$ then it has been in the past but the rent for the building is crazy, probably why no one stays long.  I really enjoy it now and hope that the new owners make it.   

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
nancyd
: 304

« #6 : January 30, 2014, 12:06:04 PM »

I hope so too. I am still looking forward to going..

Terri Santee
: 77

« #7 : January 30, 2014, 02:15:49 PM »

I have had great experiences  at the Pantry..always delicious..and that they deliver is a huge bonus that our whole town can enjoy!
RidgeRunner
: 73

« #8 : January 31, 2014, 11:46:46 AM »

Dinner for a family of 4 for $77.00 is pretty reasonable.  You would be hard pressed to go out in Burlington, Williston, Essex or St. Albans for that little especially if there was any drinks on the menu...  If this was the same Mac and Cheese I had, it was made with a 5 year aged Cabot Cheese and came with two very large pieces of chicken which seemed like a very reasonably priced meal from my perspective.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #9 : January 31, 2014, 02:14:46 PM »

I STILL SAY we need a mcdonalds
RidgeRunner
: 73

« #10 : January 31, 2014, 02:18:51 PM »

I STILL SAY we need a mcdonalds
So we can pick up McDonalds Cups and Bags from our front yards, I'll pass. 
JoeT
: 100

« #11 : February 07, 2014, 09:27:01 AM »

Tried their takeout pizza last night.  It's good.  Taste-wise I'd say it's somewhere between Pie in the Sky and Leonardo's.
We'll get it again.

Now if we can only get delivery........ ;)
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #12 : February 07, 2014, 11:51:23 AM »

Joe they do deliver

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Linda
: 48

« #13 : February 07, 2014, 03:45:00 PM »

Is there an online menu anywhere?  The website listed on their facebook page isn't active.
kevin
: 64

« #14 : February 08, 2014, 03:19:13 AM »

Their pizzeria menu is listed on this website here - http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=17100.0

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
-Winston Churchill
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: