Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:11:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  A Note Of Gratitude To My Daughter Mary Kay
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Note Of Gratitude To My Daughter Mary Kay  ( 4068 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 30, 2013, 07:55:51 PM »

Like for many others here in the ice storm without power, I was extremely fortunate to have Mary Kay here keeping my generator going, making sure I had food & drink and just running here and there night and day.  She not only did this for me, but for my sister Theresa.  Interestingly enough when I went to Church this past Sunday the first reading made me realize how fortunate I am as a father of 3 girls.  I will highlight in red, the phrases I am talking about that brought tears to my eyes.  The ice storm was an extra, because each day she sees to my needs and is in contact at least three times a day.  It is not my intent to embarrass her, but I would like everybody who reads this know how grateful I am.  I have one daughter who lives in NH and another in Bellows Falls and on several occasions they have rushed up here on a moments notice, because I became ill.  If all of the promises in the following reading come true what a wonderful thing to be together with my whole family in heaven for all eternity when we all pass on.

Reading 1 Sir 3:2-6, 12-14

God sets a father in honor over his children;
 a mother's authority he confirms over her sons.
 Whoever honors his father atones for sins,
 and preserves himself from them.
 When he prays, he is heard;
 he stores up riches who reveres his mother.
 Whoever honors his father is gladdened by children,
 and, when he prays, is heard.
 Whoever reveres his father will live a long life
;
 he who obeys his father brings comfort to his mother.

My son, take care of your father when he is old;
 grieve him not as long as he lives.
 Even if his mind fail, be considerate of him;
 revile him not all the days of his life;
 kindness to a father will not be forgotten,
 firmly planted against the debt of your sins
 --a house raised in justice to you

Henry Raymond
nancyd
: 304

« #1 : December 30, 2013, 09:06:08 PM »

Henry, your daughters great love and care for you is a reflection of you as a the wonderful Father you have been to them all their life. It is evident that their love for you comes from your love for them. And love never dies my dear man. Look in the mirror and be proud.

mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : January 06, 2014, 12:34:33 PM »

Thanks Dad. I would not be anywhere else. I love helping you and the wisdom, knowledge, compassion and love you give me is way more than I have ever physically done to help you.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
David Shea
: 471

« #3 : January 06, 2014, 04:18:12 PM »

A measure of true success if the company you keep. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: