Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:27:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Fund Raisers
| | |-+  Alternative Christmas Gifts
« previous next »
: [1]
: Alternative Christmas Gifts  ( 3849 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : December 12, 2013, 11:30:01 AM »

This past weekend, at the International Fair, People Helping People Global, a micro lending not for profit based here in Fairfax, raised $800.  That may not seem to be a lot of money,but according to isabel Gamm Tuck, executive director," This is enough to provide 6 or 7 Nicaraguan with a microloan to start or improve their business!"

If you want to give a gift to someone that is not 'stuff' but is a paying it forward sort of gift, consider making a donation to People Helping People Global, at 89 Evergreen Rd. Fairfax in honor of that person.

Your donation can help someone move out of extreme poverty and into a more hopeful life.  And isn't that what Christmas is all about?!
« : December 13, 2013, 08:30:19 AM Rev. Elizabeth »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: