Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:52:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Thefts in Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Thefts in Fairfax  ( 10298 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 05, 2013, 12:43:37 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE
PRESS RELEASE

INCIDENT: Multiple Vehicle Break-ins/Petit Larceny
CASE #: Multiple Cases

TROOPER: R. Stepien  & J. Bruzzi
STATION:  VSP-St.Albans
CONTACT#:(802)524-5993

DATE/TIME:12-05-2013 at 0520 hours

LOCATION (specific):Brewster Rd, McNall Rd, Crystal Rd, and Wilkins Rd in Fairfax, VT

VIOLATION: T.13 V.S.A 2502

SUSPECT: UNKNOWN
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: N/A

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

On 11/05/2013 at approximately 0520 hours, the Vermont State Police responded to a series of Vehicle Break-ins and Petit Larceny complaints on Brewster Rd and Wilkins Rd in Fairfax, VT.

It was also learned that the chain of thefts spread into Cambridge and Westford, where several more reports were made. Previously on 11-22-2013 VSP also dealt with a similar chain of thefts that occurred with over 15 victims in the Fairfax area alone.  The suspects are believed to be linked to both dates when the thefts occurred.  The thefts are believed to be happening overnight from 0100-0500 hours on vehicles which are left unlocked.  The suspect has taken loose change and small items of value from within the vehicles.  The vehicles are left rummaged through and in a mess.

Vermont State Police is requesting that residents within the Fairfax, Fletcher, Westford, Cambridge, and possibly some parts in Waterville please lock their vehicles overnight and secure any other structures on the property.  Also if anyone has any information regarding suspicious person(s) or vehicles within the area, please contact Vermont State Police (802) 524-5993.

VERMONT STATE POLICE
TROOPER STEPIEN
140 FISHERPOND RD
ST.ALBANS, VT 05478
OFFICE: (802) 524-5993
FAX: (802) 527-1150

State of Vermont | Vermont Department of Public Safety

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VermontStatePolice
Submit An Anonymous Tip: Text “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword VTIPS

Please do not reply to this message; contact the sender directly at the provided email or phone number.

To unsubscribe from the MEDIANORTH list, send an e-mail to stephanie.dasaro@state.vt.us.

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : December 05, 2013, 02:13:09 PM »

I can't stand this!!  Just down the road from me!!!!!!!!!  Lucky for them is all I have to say.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : December 05, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

On 11/05/2013

I believe this should read:

On 12/05/2013

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Corm
: 65

« #3 : December 06, 2013, 07:53:46 AM »

Can somebody teach me how to shoot? Don't want to kill, ....just nick the ankle, get him on the ground and pour cat doo doo on him.

I attended two handgun self defense classes this fall at the Sig Sauer Academy in Epping NH, and have since purchased two handguns. There is enough of this bad stuff going around our town recently to make me feel like I needed to able to protect myself and my family. I practice often, and hope and
pray I never need to put my training to use.

I realize your comment was a little 'tongue in cheek', but this is a serious subject.

Corm
Stand Alone Defense

« #4 : December 06, 2013, 08:58:01 AM »

I attended two handgun self defense classes this fall at the Sig Sauer Academy in Epping NH, and have since purchased two handguns. There is enough of this bad stuff going around our town recently to make me feel like I needed to able to protect myself and my family. I practice often, and hope and
pray I never need to put my training to use.

I realize your comment was a little 'tongue in cheek', but this is a serious subject.

Corm

Corm, That is awesome!! Always makes me happy when I hear of people taking the responsibility of owning a firearm for self defense seriously.  The fact is that a firearm is a tool and it does not make you any more safe if you do not take time to train and better yourself with it.  I work part-time educating people about firearm defense and knowing the responsibility that comes with the conceal carry lifestyle.  It really is a life style choice and a huge responsibility to carry a firearm, glad to see you take it seriously man.
« : December 06, 2013, 01:24:35 PM Stand Alone Defense »

nancyd
: 304

« #5 : December 06, 2013, 12:05:07 PM »

Corm,
I know it is a serious subject....very serious, and scary. I probably shouldn't have made light of it. Sorry folks. I own a gun, but don't know how to use it, and I'm not touching it until I learn. I don't like guns. I will at some point seek a professional who can teach me.
In the meantime, I hope these bad guys stay away.
Stand Alone Defense

« #6 : December 06, 2013, 01:30:54 PM »

Corm,
I know it is a serious subject....very serious, and scary. I probably shouldn't have made light of it. Sorry folks. I own a gun, but don't know how to use it, and I'm not touching it until I learn. I don't like guns. I will at some point seek a professional who can teach me.
In the meantime, I hope these bad guys stay away.

Nancy,

I would be happy to help you out with any instruction or insight you might want.  Free of charge or course :)

Josh

nancyd
: 304

« #7 : December 06, 2013, 03:59:58 PM »

Josh,
 I will take you up on it, but it must be at your regular charge/rate. What range do you use?  We have used Franklin County range in the past. Maybe in the Spring would be a good time. I appreciate that VERY MUCH! Thank you!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #8 : December 17, 2013, 02:01:16 PM »

PRESS RELEASE UPDATE:
ALL MEDIA OUTLETS:

Vehicle Thefts - Garage Thefts - Entry into residence

-          On December 17, 2013, State Police and Grand Isle Sheriff's Department responded to multiple theft complaints in the areas of Grand Isle, South Hero, and Isle LaMotte. As stated in earlier releases, there has been a rash of these types of break-ins from the Fairfax/Westford area.

-          In these instances, the suspect/s had not only gone into unlocked vehicles in the driveway, but had also gone into garages and did the same

-          In at least one case, the suspect/s actually entered the front door of one of the residences. Both the male and female homeowner, along with their son, were asleep at the time. Multiple items were taken from inside the residence during the break-in.

-          Police are looking for any information regarding suspicious vehicles that may have been seen during the times of these incidents. This includes anytime from midnight till this morning (Dec 17th).

-          People with information are also urged to contact CrimeStoppers, as information can be given anonymously. Please contact the State Police or Grand Isle Sheriff's Dept with information regaring these break-ins.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Stand Alone Defense

« #9 : December 17, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »

Someone going into house while they occupants are sleeping in the middle of the night is not something people should take lightly.  Many Criminology experts say that armed robbery and burglarizing occupied dwellings are often precursors for people that end up committing homicide.  I really hope that these people are caught and caught soon before something worse happens.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: