Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:19:14 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Fund Raisers
| | |-+  Greg, Helen, Bob and Ryan Head For Haiti And Need Your Support
« previous next »
: [1]
: Greg, Helen, Bob and Ryan Head For Haiti And Need Your Support  ( 2732 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 25, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »

Dear Family and Friends,

With the coming of the new year, I anxiously await my fourth trip with the Franciscan Friars to Haiti. This year will be even more exciting and special as my wife, Helen, fellow parishioner, Bob Thompson, and family friend Ryan Manewich will be joining me. You may recall that my first trip was in January of 2011 following a devastating hurricane and earthquake. That year we rebuilt and repaired damages to existing homes.

In 2012 and 2013, we built badly needed new bathrooms with the hopes of reducing the Cholera epidemic. Thanks to the efforts of many, the brothers that we have stayed with in the past were awarded a plaque this past summer acknowledging our efforts in reducing the number of Cholera cases, a recognition that we are very proud to have been a part of.

This year, our tasks will include building new houses and additional new bathroom facilities. Once again, we will be traveling with Franciscan Friars and Sisters of the Renewal, and 14 lay people to get the work done. There will also be four doctors and eight nurses who will hold free medical clinics. In the three years that I have been going, the medical staff has served almost 4,000 residents.

I would once again appreciate any financial assistance you can provide. Our needs continue to include medicine for the clinic, building supplies for the new homes and bathrooms, and food for the families. During the food handout, we provide basic food items such as rice, beans and pasta for approximately 500 families.

All donations are tax deductible. Checks should be made payable to "Friar Suppliers" and mailed back to me at 275 Swamp Road, Fairfax, VT 05454. You will receive a tax form in early February. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 849-6232 or e-mail meatgreghelen@myfairpoint.net. Thank you for your support of our relief mission trip during this giving season.

Yours truly,
Greg Hartmann

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: