Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:29:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  New Owner
« previous next »
: [1]
: New Owner  ( 12601 )
tfence
: 257

« : November 20, 2013, 08:48:01 PM »

My wife and I went to the Country Pantry for dinner tonight and had a great meal. To our surprise we had discovered that the restaurant has been sold. The new owners took control on this past Sunday. After meeting with them and talking a bit. They asked me to mention the sale and introduce them on this forum. The new owners are a local couple. Their names are Jesse Willis & Cindy Sarault. They tell me they intend on making many changes gradually. I personally want to wish them the best of luck.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Trekr
: 140

« #1 : November 20, 2013, 09:55:00 PM »

We wish them the best. Fairfax needs a good restaurant.
Fletcher Flyer
: 1

« #2 : November 21, 2013, 06:21:05 AM »

I heard rumors that the Country Pantry had been sold.  Last Sunday i noticed a "new face" observing the operation  but hesitated to ask questions.
  I'm sorry to see Herman, Sagita & Nihad go and wish the new owners best of luck in their new venture.  As one of the "regulars" at The Pantry, I
enjoy several meals a week there and have become friends with the old crew. These folks are hard workers... always cheerful... and their food is consistently good .
They know all of their regular customers by name and I've always felt very welcome there. Fortunately I'll keep in touch with them as Nihad's wife owns the tailor shop in the Blue Mall on Dorset Street, whiich I use for my tailoring andf alteration needs.
 Hope to see all my old friends at the counter there in the coming days.
 vtflyr

Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : November 21, 2013, 06:55:43 AM »

www.SewlyTailoring.com

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Razzle Dazzle

« #4 : November 21, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »

I'm in shock! I've grown to love my breakfast there on the week ends. The new owners have big shoes to fill and I certainly wish them the best. I will give them all the support I can...if it's worth it!
Razzle Dazzle

« #5 : November 24, 2013, 12:15:39 PM »

Stopped in this morning for breakfast:
They still have the same fantastic Saturday and Sunday brunch menu, same great flavors, and the same EXCELLENT wait staff!
The new owners are working on getting their liquor license, so I am almost guaranteed to get my week end "Bloody Mary" back!

Stop in and give them a try!!

Oh I should also note, quite a few local regulars were there for breakfast too! Everyone is pleased, up-beat, and positive...wait-staff and customers alike!
tfence

« #6 : November 24, 2013, 02:10:07 PM »

Last night I brought a party of 14 up there. Everyone was very pleased. Give them a try. you wont be disappointed.

mirjo
: 785

« #7 : November 25, 2013, 06:45:35 PM »

There is obviously some reason that place is changing hands every few months and it's NOT because the place isn't supported by the community and it's not because the numerous owners have provided an inferior product....

Does it bother anyone on this forum (other than me) that this once thriving business, can't keep a single owner for more than a few months at a time?

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Trekr
: 140

« #8 : November 25, 2013, 07:18:36 PM »

I wonder if a high rent is part of the problem.
tfence

« #9 : November 26, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »

My guess is cooks trying to be business owners. If you are a good cook hire a person to run the business. If you are a business person hire a cook to run the kitchen. Just my opinion. Rent is a little high but not crazy.

nancyd
: 304

« #10 : December 03, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »

The new owners would benefit from joining this forum, to keep us posted on their hours of operation, specials, and to connect with us foodies. I wish them luck!
Barbara
: 270

« #11 : December 03, 2013, 10:24:50 AM »

The OPEN flag needs to be put in when they are closed!  I have seen cars pull in during the off hours and then leave.  That is not only a lost customer but a disgruntled one who will share their confusion as to whether the restaurant is open or not. 
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #12 : December 03, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »

that's right barb ,I was hungry too
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #13 : December 04, 2013, 07:50:33 AM »

I agree with that OPEN flag tip.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net