Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:27:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  A Question From A New Fairfax Resident
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Question From A New Fairfax Resident  ( 4525 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 11, 2013, 12:41:43 PM »

Hi, I live in Fairfax off  Mcnall rd and there has been sightings of coyotes, some in packs. Do you know of any advice on this problem as I like to walk my dog at night. I am alittle concerned, I do not own a gun Thoughts?  thanks

Henry Raymond
nancyd
: 304

« #1 : November 11, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »

Hi, and Wecome. I'm pretty new here too...8 years. We live nearby on RT 104 near McNall Rd. Yes, we heard a pack of coyotes Sat night. You are allowed to shoot them, But I don't know what I would do either. We have a lot of people here on the forum who can help. You'll see, we will get some answers soon.
Norton
: 85

« #2 : November 12, 2013, 05:49:50 PM »

We live near there too.  It's pretty common to hear them.

What sort of dog do your have?  Big dog (coyote repellent) or small dog (coyote lunch)?

It's very rare for coyotes to attack humans, but if you have small pets it can be a concern.
JAS
: 41

« #3 : November 12, 2013, 08:34:40 PM »

I have walked McNall road many times at night for a number of years with a headlamp and throughout the seasons. I have heard the coyotes choir many times, but have never seen a soloist.  There are a number of regular walkers on the road and several have dogs walking with them. I have never heard of any problems.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : November 14, 2013, 09:15:40 AM »

Hi, I live in Fairfax off  Mcnall rd and there has been sightings of coyotes, some in packs. Do you know of any advice on this problem as I like to walk my dog at night. I am alittle concerned, I do not own a gun Thoughts?  thanks

I wouldn't be to concerned about them.  Especially this time of year when food is plentiful for them they are more affraid of you then you are of them trust me.  Carrying pepper spray is a good idea no matter where you live if you are walking at night,  it will equally deter coyotes and people.

We have a growing population in the area I have killed a few just across the river this year. 

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: