Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:37:36 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Vermont News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  F-35 Ad
« previous next »
: [1]
: F-35 Ad  ( 5959 )
nhibbard
: 393

« : October 23, 2013, 05:51:17 PM »

Just saw an ad on ESPN with a mother speaking out for the F-35 because the Air Guard provides a job for her husband and supports her family. At the same time made the comment that voting against it is basically voting against her family. Now I'm all for service, but when your a government employee (local, state, federal, international), you are in service to the community. The community does not serve to provide you a job. It would be very sad if the 1,100 jobs were "moved" but that is what happens if a community decides against something.

I was pretty well floored with the assumption that voting against something you don't support is voting against a family. That's the same as saying that if I don't vote to spend every dime that ever created a job, I didn't support the families that provided that job. My job is strongly funded by political views as is every government funded job. To think that people should vote for something just so you can have the lifestyle your used to is obscene. Capitalism at its heart means that if someone doesn't want something, a job will be lost. Conversely, if someone wants to base the F-35, jobs will be created or transferred.

I just thought it was a low blow to pickup pity support.
nhibbard
: 393

« #1 : October 23, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »

No sooner had I finished commenting on the ad about the mother in the kitchen, there was another ad with a mom from Jericho. Who's next? Let's get a politician saying his family will need to move if we don't re-elect him. I'm glad we're moving away from facts and safety to pity.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: