Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:58:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Got time for kids ?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Got time for kids ?  ( 2523 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : October 09, 2013, 02:28:46 PM »

submitted to the Fairfax News:

Right now, there are children involved in the Franklin Grand Isle Family Court who need your help. They don’t need your money – just your time and attention.  In some cases, these children have been abused, neglected or caught in the middle of a custody dispute – but they all have the same need: to have a judge-appointed advocate who will look out for their best interest. 

Currently there’s a shortage of volunteers. As of July first, the caseload in Franklin Grand Isle Family Court was 167 children with just ten volunteers. Similarly, Chittenden County has a caseload of 166, but they have three times the volunteers (30).

To be a Guardian ad Litem, you needn’t have any specialized experience – just a willingness to volunteer your free time, strong interpersonal and communication skills, a passion for helping vulnerable children and the ability to think critically, be assertive, work with others effectively, and use sound judgment.  Training is provided, and the personal reward is immeasurable. 

Interested volunteers are invited to come to the GAL Open House on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at the Vermont Superior Court, Franklin Unit, Family Division at 36 Lake Street in St. Albans from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. The event will include a ˝ hour DVD viewing of the program; presentations from the GAL Volunteer Coordinator and Court Clerk. A light lunch will also be provided.

If you are unable to attend, you can contact GAL coordinator Bruce Scott at 527-4029 or at papascott3@aol.com. You can also email jud-vermontgal@state.vt.us or go online to www.vermontjudiciary.org and click under “favorites” and “court programs.”

Thank you,
Cindy Weed
GAL Outreach Coordinator
Enosburg

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : October 09, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »

I must chime in ,I did this at one time in my past ,not to toot my horn but to give testimony,if you have your own children don't go there but if no kids in the house it can be a good thing ,my children were young and we are blessed with extra so we thought we could share with another child and everything went well for months until something I didn't expect .....a meltdown of the child we took in,I didn't know how to respond,I panicked for fear of my own kids and quickly separated them and called for help,there were no classes to learn at this time so any thing to learn from the pros take it before hand ,I will try it again after the house is empty .it is a good thing
: [1]  
« previous next »
: