Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:42:14 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  are you going to vote for shummy again?
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: are you going to vote for shummy again?  ( 14580 )
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« : September 08, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »

im just curious who will vote for shumlin this time around with all the stupid stuff he has done in the last year ?
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : September 09, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »

So, you have cast the bait into the pond and no one is biting!!!
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : September 10, 2013, 12:21:34 PM »

He has my vote!!! It's about time someone jacks up the cost of living up here in Vermont.  It's stupid cheap to live here and the jobs all pay so well that we can all afford to pay more in taxes.  I think he is really in touch with the "Vermont culture" of today.  Why shouldn't we all fork over our paychecks to the jobless dope smoking hippie on church street.  He needs to live too Ed!!  Unfortunatly protesting the UVM cause of the week and calling our military members baby killers doesn't pay that well..... Or wait, does it??
« : September 11, 2013, 01:46:08 PM Stand Alone Defense »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
nhibbard
: 393

« #3 : September 10, 2013, 05:57:11 PM »

Well if you can't keep jobs in the state, you might as well charge those who work more. And why not implement an untested and unproven healthcare system in a tough market in one of the smallest states. Nothing says economy of scale like a small population.
Norton
: 85

« #4 : September 27, 2013, 06:21:33 PM »

Rod, I think it's way too early to decide who to vote for, don't even know who's running.  But you could reduce the chances of my voting for Shumlin if you could give me some specific examples of "all the stupid stuff he has done in the last year".  Do you have any?
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : October 30, 2013, 07:08:32 AM »

The fact that Shumlin is not allowing the waiver like 49 other states for the Health Exchange is a big one Norton.... He is literally forcing my friends to opt out of insurance due to the fact it will cost them $8,000 more a year to have insurance period....

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
tfence
: 257

« #6 : November 01, 2013, 07:14:52 AM »

He was backing the union to take over childcare in Vermont. Can you even fathem what it would cost working parents for childcare if that went through. Along with this he was raising the ceiling on subsidy income limits. Another expense for tax payers to kick in for. We need him out along with Obama. Take back our country. Now!!! 

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Thor

« #7 : November 04, 2013, 05:22:19 AM »

Is it true that Vermont spent $170 million for the health care exchange to insure only 40,000 (approx.)?
nhibbard
: 393

« #8 : November 04, 2013, 06:29:02 AM »

I could easily see that. Vermont doesn't have the population to scale this without forcing people in. That's why they added the 50 or less for employers.
Thor

« #9 : November 04, 2013, 07:58:06 AM »

This is the best part though and should be reason enough to justify Shumlin getting only 40,000 votes next election (those 40,000 being the people he is giving health care to at everyone else's expense).

"Due to state law designed to increase enrollment in the exchange, individuals or employers that employ fewer than 50 people cannot legally purchase private insurance after January 1, 2014, and they must enroll in the exchange. Their previous plans also evaporate on the first of the year".

How can anyone in a position of authority (government), force the public to give up something they had and make them buy something the government says is better for them. If that doesn't strike everyone as absolutely wrong, holy crap.... This is a crap sandwich, of which, they are forcing everyone to take a bite. I don't think Shummy deserves any votes. What he and the people who forced this on us deserve, is tar and feathers.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #10 : November 04, 2013, 08:09:24 AM »

Agreed Thor.... Wasn't said by Obama MANY times you WILL be able to keep your insurance. This whole program stinks!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #11 : November 04, 2013, 01:29:44 PM »

WCAX has done some investigating:
http://www.wcax.com/story/23856149/wcax-investigates-ballooning-health-care-contracts
Check out the numbers in the report........

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Thor

« #12 : November 04, 2013, 01:32:13 PM »

Oh sure MK, but you may not have been smart enough to know that you were getting a "sub-standard policy" (as stated by King Obama himself). I guess people just aren't smart enough to know what they like or don't like, and they need the government to dictate it to them. But it is very disconcerting when the President of the United States, lies to the American people, over and over again. It isn't just Obammycare, it is all of the scandals. Obammy knew exactly what he was saying about the individual policies and being able to keep their doctor, and he had been told that it could come back and haunt him, by people in his staff. But he chose to say it anyway.

rod anode

« #13 : November 05, 2013, 04:34:50 AM »

vt yankee.......who lead the battle cry to take them down ?
rod anode

« #14 : January 23, 2014, 04:50:28 PM »

time to bring this up again.....shumlin does not have the people that pay the taxes up front .HEY YOU GOT ANY PROPERTY YOU WANT TO SELL? CHEAP
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: