Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:22:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Route 128
« previous next »
: [1]
: Route 128  ( 5952 )
Margie
: 156

« : September 08, 2013, 01:03:38 PM »

Does anyone know when Route 128 will be drivable again? 
Watchman
: 47

« #1 : September 08, 2013, 05:28:53 PM »

I saw a VTrans press release that indicated the goal for completion is the first week in October.
Razzle Dazzle

« #2 : October 04, 2013, 04:40:28 AM »

Any updates on this?
I heard a rumor that it was pushed back to November?
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : October 04, 2013, 07:39:59 AM »

That's great.  Colors are probably past peak, but there are usually some beautiful colors there. 

Henry Raymond
cdzgang
: 12

« #4 : October 04, 2013, 07:41:22 AM »

I copied this from the Front Porch Forum from yesterday and today.  Messages were from State Rep Martha Heath.
"Westford Neighborhood Forum   2 Oct 2013
Route 128
MARTHA HEATH – STATE REPRESENTATIVE, CHITTENDEN-8-3
I have been hearing from folks who have gotten flat tires while driving through the Route 128 construction site. The Agency of Transportation says claims can be sent to:
Frank W. Whitcomb Construction Corporation****
187 Whitcomb Road****
Walpole, NH 03608**** (Telephone: 603-445-5555) Copies of receipts should be included.
In addition here is the response I received from AOT when I asked about the completion date for the project. The end is in sight....hopefully!!!
I have been told the contractors are working diligently to get the project stabilized by the first of November. Moreover, the worst problem areas *should* be resolved sooner. Once the cement operation is complete the flat tires/rough road should be a non issue. They are aiming (weather permitting) to begin the cement work next week, and this activity will probably run for another week. Hopefully by mid October the most difficult part should be over.****"

"Westford Neighborhood Forum   3 Oct 2013
Route 128
MARTHA HEATH – STATE REPRESENTATIVE, CHITTENDEN-8-3
Hello again. After I posted yesterday about Route 128 I started to think about AOT's use of the word stabilized and asked them some more questions.
They report that the project has been more involved than they anticipated. They expect the contractor to put down some layers of pavement before November 1st but they will be finishing the project with more paving sometime in the spring/summer. So....it won't be completely finished but you should be driving on a surface far superior to what is there at the moment. Martha"
Razzle Dazzle

« #5 : October 06, 2013, 08:11:52 AM »

Thank you...Great update!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: