Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:35:00 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Beaver Pond
« previous next »
: [1]
: Beaver Pond  ( 6003 )
Judi
: 508

« : September 02, 2013, 04:03:12 PM »

Our 3 year old granddaughter Violet will be visiting from California in a few weeks and has requested that she go see a beaver in a beaver pond. Does anyone know of an active beaver pond locally around Fairfax. I bet you don't get this request often, LOL.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : September 04, 2013, 08:21:51 AM »

not sure if it still active, but there were a few on Woods hollow rd.   about 1-2 miles in there's marshy area and some water.  there use to be one there but the folks living there have banished the beavers and undermined their damm building for obvious reasons ( road travel).  BUT, as you pass that area and head towards essex - i think the beavers moved to further down that Marshy area, One could see it in the distance at one point.  I haven't noticed it since i've been traveling that road again.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Judi

« #2 : September 04, 2013, 09:11:12 AM »

Thank you, I will check it out.
slpott
: 457

« #3 : September 05, 2013, 05:44:07 AM »

A couple of years ago they were active right across from Fletcher School towards the store.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #4 : September 05, 2013, 02:44:43 PM »

yeah in that little gully - they flooded the whole area..... methinks the close proximity to the road eventually flushed them out

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
kevin
: 64

« #5 : September 05, 2013, 09:41:14 PM »

There was one on Cambridge Road in Westford.  If you are traveling from the Westford Common it's on the left about half a mile past Covey Road.  Very easy to see from the road.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
-Winston Churchill
David Shea
: 471

« #6 : September 06, 2013, 03:35:41 PM »

The pond on the corner of Mead and Buckhollow Rd has beavers in it as well as a family of ducks.  There is also a family of beavers on Nichols Road heading north it is on the left just 1/4 from King Rd.
Dave
Judi

« #7 : September 06, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »

Thank you all very much, these are very helpful. The one on Mead road with ducks and beavers sounds great.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: