Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:35:46 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fletcher Elementary: Meet the Principals & Community Forum - Mon, August 19th
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fletcher Elementary: Meet the Principals & Community Forum - Mon, August 19th  ( 6326 )
fletchtb
: 310

« : August 16, 2013, 09:58:22 PM »

Fletcher residents, please join us on Monday, August 19th at Fletcher Elementary School to meet our new interim co-principals, Bonnie Poe and Julie Steves, and then stay for the community forum to provide your input or just listen to what others have to say about what should be done with our growing school. Should the town build an addition? Should we tuition 6th grade to another school? Should we do nothing at all? Do you have another idea? We want to hear from the community long before we bring any recommendation to the Fletcher Elementary School Board and eventually to the town for a vote. In the end, nothing can or will be done without a community vote, but we really want your feedback now!

So please come join us on Monday and say hello to Bonnie and Julie between 5:00pm and 6:30pm and stay for the community forum which will begin at 6:30pm. Light refreshments will be served. We hope to see you there!

Todd Baumeister (on behalf of the Fletcher Elementary Building Study Committee)
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : August 17, 2013, 05:22:10 AM »

you know my suggestion ,
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : August 19, 2013, 09:32:07 AM »

Chain Link fence around the WHOLE premise would help keep the grounds safe.  My 2 cents.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
FletcherGram
: 103

« #3 : August 21, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »

Not sure if I'm just out of the loop but never heard about this 'meeting' until Monday when I was at the school during the soccer practice. We read the Fletcher Newsletter but don't remember hearing about interim co-principals or the need for an addition to the school. Someone's sick joke right?! My opinion is that the 'Community Forum'  really  wasn't for the community, right? For the school population, right? Other than Todd's message on this site on Friday the 16th where would we have heard about the 'Community Forum' on Monday the 19th? Any answers will be appreciated. Thanks
fletchtb
: 310

« #4 : August 23, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »

@FletcherGram,

The community forum was first written about in the June Fletcher Town Newsletter, has been mentioned at school board meetings, posted on the school's website, was posted here, a 1-Call (automated message) reminder went out to all the school families, a posting in the Fletcher Google Group, and on both the Fletcher Town Facebook page and Fletcher Elementary School Facebook page. We should have posted signs around town too, but we didn't. We legitimately wanted and got community input and we will have at least one more community forum on the topic in October.

With that said we had about 30 people from the community attend the meeting including several people who don't have children in the school.

There are several pieces of good news here.

1. There will be another community forum in October. I don't have the date yet, but as soon as we determine it, we will do a better job of getting the word out.
2. We (the FES Building Study Committee) are in the early stages, of coming up with a recommendation for the school board to consider. If the school board decides to proceed with the committee's recommendation, or a different one, it will have to be brought before the town during a Town Meeting and put to a vote.
3. No addition can be approved without a town vote. Parents of sixth graders will not have school choice without a town vote.

Here is a link to the presentation from Monday night: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1_8uYI6EH07cE-PYvpOM4C3LGmsFBI4snIIARCHPJFZQ/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Todd Baumeister
tfence
: 257

« #5 : August 23, 2013, 02:05:44 PM »

Chain Link fence around the WHOLE premise would help keep the grounds safe.  My 2 cents.
I now a fence guy that can do that. LOL

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #6 : August 23, 2013, 05:27:13 PM »

Ide rather see a solid fence around the whole place so I didn't have to see the {money well spent} kids
FletcherGram
: 103

« #7 : August 24, 2013, 05:45:36 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Wowzer, didn't realize Fletcher & the school was sooo connected on social media. What is the school's web address? Ahh, what's a google group? Told 'ya I might be out of the loop! I will check out the facebook pages occasionally.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: