Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:44:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  My Garden Angel Just Dropped Off A Beautiful Box Of Home Grown Goodies
« previous next »
: [1]
: My Garden Angel Just Dropped Off A Beautiful Box Of Home Grown Goodies  ( 2543 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 20, 2013, 02:11:35 PM »

I already have on the stove a big pot of Beet Greens.  As a kid we always ate a lot of beet greens and of course ate a lot of beets in the fall and winter.  I know my Senior Citizen Friends probably would not believe how ecstatic I was when she brought all those things in, because I can always bypass the veggies at our Senior Luncheon.  Besides the Beet Greens she had new potatoes, new carrots, cherry tomatoes, blue berries, black raspberries, a jar of strawberry rhubarb jam and some new onions.  Not only did she bring me all these things, but they are all washed and ready to eat.  Jo, you made my day.  I can't thank you enough.

Henry Raymond
tweetie1
: 71

« #1 : July 20, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »

Henry I am SOOO JEALOUS-they are all my favorites and remember my Parents and Grandparents garden along with the yellow string beans..I know you will enjoy the bounty VERY MUCH..
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : July 20, 2013, 07:51:01 PM »

I had a really big garden for many years and shared it with both Maryann's and my parents.  After they passed away I planted 4 dozen tomato plants and shared those with a woman who had two blind sons that lived with her here in town as well as some of the senior citizens up across from BFA.  I enjoyed doing it but it was a lot of work.  Now that I am a senior myself and unable to take care of my own garden, I realize how much it meant to those people.  Fresh veggies right out of a garden are just so much better.  The fact that these veggies were all washed and ready to eat too was much appreciated as I used to use a garden hose outside to wash them off, something I would be unable to do now.

Speaking of things our parents liked, my Dad had no teeth and he did love beets and buttercup squash.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: