Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:36:09 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  And The Winning Pie Is??
« previous next »
: [1]
: And The Winning Pie Is??  ( 1999 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 24, 2013, 07:36:05 AM »

Mary Kay drove me down to the Annual Pie & Ice Cream Social last night.  I didn't realize it until Mary Kay told me on the way home when I told her we were lucky that there was not much of a line when we got there and she said that is because Pauline Lavallee's family was in line and she pushed them all back and pushed me in front of them.  What a nice gesture, especially since when we left home it was raining and I knew that the affair would be down stairs in the Baptist Building and there is not much room for my 3-wheel walker down there, which is much easier to walk with than the cane.

I bypassed all the pies at the beginning tellin the pie servers I was going directly to the Apple Pies.  Margie was going to serve me from one pie, but after careful inspection, I decided on one piece from one of two pies that looked absolutely delicious, then I went on to the ice cream and got that in a separate dish.  Wayne Sweet was kind enough to help me get it to the table.  The pie and ice cream were absolutely delicious, so decided I would try to get another piece from the same pie.  I asked Margie if she knew who made the pie and she told me it was Peggy Gilbert.  I asked if Peggy made doughnuts too, but she did not seem to know.  Well, Peggy, so you are aware, both pieces were absolutely delicious and Mary Kay went up and got me a couple more pieces to bring home.

That was just the beginning of my evening as I bought some tickets on the quilt from the Home Health that Barb Murphy was selling as did Mary Kay.  Home Health has been a tremendous help at my house for a number of years helping Maryann to be able to stay at home until her death.  Never thought I would need them, but they came to help me out last fall when I fell and came back from the Nursing Home and again this spring when I had pneumonia.  They did not draw the quilt last night.

I took a bunch of ticket in the Jelly Jar drawing and actually won two items and Mary Kay won one of Toni Stone's Quilts.  The two maps were of Fairfax, one in 1857 and the other in 1871.  A couple of maps that I used a lot when I was doing the Genealogy of the people of Fairfax.

I truly enjoy getting out and meeting people, but unfortunately have a problem hearing in a crowd as I cannot filter out one voice.  I do very well one on one, but hope to correct that problem with some hearing aids that E. M. Luce from UVM is fitting me with.  Been moaning and groaning about the price, but am missing so much and people who have hearing aids tell me that I will not regret it.

To Mike Cain and all of the people who put on the Fairfax Historical Society Pie & Ice Cream Social, many, many thanks for a wonderful evening from Mary Kay and I.  It was absolutely great.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: