Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:46:12 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Real Good Deed By A Couple Of Young Men
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Real Good Deed By A Couple Of Young Men  ( 4008 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 20, 2013, 07:04:16 PM »

About 6:30 tonight a vehicle towing a trailer full of crushed stone went by, hit the pot hole just before my house, blew a tire and spread crushed stone about 200 feet up the Fletcher Road.  I got concerned as when cars went by they were throwing the crushed stone all over the place and also several motorcycles.  I tried callaing DJ Leach, then the constable and also one of the selectmen, but no answers, so I called the Sheriff's Department and they said that someone would be out to check.  So far nobody has showed up except for two young men who noticed all the crushed stone in the road and they two became concerned.  They were on their way home from work, so they went home, came back down and swept the crushed stone off to the side of the road and at the end of my driveway, picked it up and put it in the back of their truck.  Now these guys did not look that old and I know one of them lives up on the Commette Road, but do not know his name.  What a wonderful gesture on their part.  I asked them if I could take their photos and they stopped for a quick minute so I could do that.  My daughter next door also went out and thanked them.  They expected nothing, just wanted to make sure nobody got hurt.

Henry Raymond
Mummy
: 280

« #1 : June 20, 2013, 11:58:57 PM »

Now that's a truly nice story!
Trekr
: 140

« #2 : June 21, 2013, 05:29:41 AM »

This story will never make the newspaper, but it is nice to know there are people like these two gentlemen that care enough to stop and do a favor.
It shows you that humanity is not totally lost like some would have you believe.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : June 21, 2013, 11:59:03 AM »

This is the pothole that has been wreaking havoc.  Be cautious until our Road Crew can get to it.  A second contact this morning and they said they had no blacktop:

Henry Raymond
khort
: 149

« #4 : June 21, 2013, 01:32:06 PM »

Should have filled them in with the stone :)
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #5 : June 21, 2013, 01:40:50 PM »

you might find some van parts laying out there also
: [1]  
« previous next »
: