Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:07:30 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Man Injured In Tractor Accident
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Man Injured In Tractor Accident  ( 7113 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 26, 2013, 06:49:17 AM »

FAIRFAX, Vt. -  A crash in Fairfax sent a man to the hospital Wednesday afternoon.

The Franklin County Sheriff's Office says John Chamberlin, 90, of Fairfax, was run over by a tractor on Huntville Road around 2:30 p.m.

Chamberlin was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington where he is in critical condition.

Authorities say Jason Heyer, 56, was behind the wheel of the tractor and said he did not see the senior citizen.

Investigators don't believe alcohol was involved in the incident, and as of right now, they are not anticipating filing any charges.

An investigation is underway.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : September 26, 2013, 06:59:35 AM »

John is a fine man, he loved taking his daily walks; I used to bring him to senior lunches until his daughter in law was able to do so.  We will keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers
Judi
: 508

« #2 : September 26, 2013, 07:49:17 AM »

Such a tragedy for all involved, saying prayers.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : September 26, 2013, 09:50:44 AM »

FRANKLIN COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
 PRESS RELEASE

TYPE OF INCIDENT: Fatal MV Crash
OFFICER: Capt J. Sweeny, Deputy O. Glidden
 DATE OF INCIDENT: 09/25/2013
 TIME OF INCIDENT: 2:15 pm
 LOCATION OF INCIDENT: Huntville Rd, Fairfax

NAME: Jason Heyer
 ADDRESS: Huntville Rd, Fairfax
 IF ACCIDENT, VEHICLE YEAR & MODEL: Allis-Chalmers Farm Tractor

NAME: John Chamberlin
 ADDRESS: Tabor Hill Rd, Fairfax

INJURIES (NAME, NATURE OF INJURIES, WHICH VEHICLE, WHERE PATIENT TAKEN):

#1: John Chamberlain, Pedestrian, NWMC, Fatal injuries

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

On Sept 25 2013, at approximately 2:15 pm Deputies from the Franklin County Sheriff's Office responded to a farm tractor vs pedestrian crash on Huntville road in Fairfax. Upon arrival it was learned that 90 year old John Chamberlin of Fairfax had been walking on Huntviile Road when he was struck by a farm tractor being operated by 56 year old Jason Heyer of Fairfax. Investigation determined that Heyer failed to see Chamberlin until seconds before he struck him. Chamberlin was transported to Northwest Medical Center in St. Albans and later transferred to Fletcher Allen Hospital in Burlington where he later died as a result of his injuries. The exact cause of the crash is still under investigation. Alcohol is NOT considered a factor in the crash.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth

« #4 : September 26, 2013, 11:20:24 AM »

RIP John.
ohhman
: 469

« #5 : September 26, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »

Such sadness for all for sure.  I met Mr. Chamberlin at a few gatherings with the United Church; very sweet man.  The Heyer's are very good people; I can't imagine how horrible Jason & the whole family must feel.  My prayers offered to all.
sue
: 124

« #6 : September 26, 2013, 12:13:32 PM »

Prayers to all involved.  Such a tragic accident
Zarnov
: 13

« #7 : October 05, 2013, 06:19:55 AM »

We live in the area where this happened, and frequently walk with our dog on Woodward Rd.  I've often stopped and chatted a little with Mr. Chamberlin as we passed by, he was always really nice, and we admired how often he was out walking.  A sad and tragic accident, we were really saddened to hear about this.
Rev. Elizabeth

« #8 : October 05, 2013, 06:58:12 AM »

He was 'that old man who walked,' and in the walking, he created community.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: