Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:31:50 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Fire & Reccue Responding
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Fire & Reccue Responding  ( 9632 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 12, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »

Motor vehicle accident intersection Main & 128

Henry Raymond
gkmcnall
: 130

« #1 : June 12, 2013, 08:34:17 PM »

Henry,
A red car ended up in the State parking lot, the small lot we used for football years back.  Hit the large rocks that were put there for a barrier.  Not sure who or if there were any injuries. 
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : June 12, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »

You probably heard me tell about that parking lot, but a number of years ago, I and a number of others used to car pool and we needed a place to park our cars.  I called Senator Dick Soule one night when I got home from work and he told me he would work on it for me.  He called me the next night and told me that the parking lot would be there on the corner of your road and route 128 and it should be ready in a couple days and that the State would keep it open for us in the winter.  I can't remember if they put crushed stone or gravel in the lot, but in a couple of days we were able to park our cars there.  Unfortunately car pooling never really took off here in town, so the lot never got used that much, at least by car poolers.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : June 13, 2013, 04:10:04 PM »

FRANKLIN COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE

TYPE OF INCIDENT: Negligent operation, Reckless endangerment, Excessive speed           
OFFICER:   Griswold
DATE OF INCIDENT:      06/12/13
TIME OF INCIDENT: Approx 2100
LOCATION OF INCIDENT:       McNall and Rt 128, Fairfax, VT   

NAME: Juvenile     
ADDRESS: Fairfax, Vt

IF ACCIDENT, VEHICLE YEAR & MODEL: 2000 Pontiac
DAMAGE (LOCATION, YEAR & MODEL):  Massive front end damage

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:
On 06/12/13, I was on patrol in the Village of Fairfax, when I observed a red Pontiac travelling southbound south of Steeple Market at high rate of speed. I activated my radar unit and observed this vehicle was travelling at 82 miles per hour in a posted 40 mile per hour zone.

I turned on this vehicle and attempted to close the distance. I had not activated my emergency lights or siren yet. I lost sight briefly as it crested the hill by the Commons, and observed that it had crashed into a bolder and trees at the intersection of Mcnall Rd and Route 128.

Fairfax Fire and Rescue were called and the occupants were evaluated.

The driver was issued a citation for negligent operation, reckless endangerment, and excessive speed as well as a ticket for $428.

Both occupants were released to their parents. The vehicle was towed by Ed Whites and is considered a total loss.           

C. Griswold
Deputy First Class
Franklin County Sheriff's Office
(802) 524-2121

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Judi
: 508

« #4 : June 14, 2013, 03:19:25 PM »

Male 16 year old driver going 80 miles an hour in the center of Fairfax with another occupant in the car= STUPID! I see a lot of that, glad they got caught and even happier no one was killed.
Travis
: 141

« #5 : June 14, 2013, 05:26:10 PM »

Male 16 year old driver going 80 miles an hour in the center of Fairfax with another occupant in the car= STUPID! I see a lot of that, glad they got caught and even happier no one was killed.

I was told that it was actually a 16 year old female. At least it was her father's car.
Judi

« #6 : June 15, 2013, 05:04:12 AM »

I was told that it was actually a 16 year old female. At least it was her father's car.
If someone gets hurt or killed does it really matter if it is a male or female?
Travis
: 141

« #7 : June 15, 2013, 07:18:29 AM »

If someone gets hurt or killed does it really matter if it is a male or female?

No it does not. I'm not sure why you had to add the "Male" to what you said. Any driver at any age going 80 mph through the center of town, with or without a passenger, is stupid.
Judi

« #8 : June 15, 2013, 08:37:08 AM »

Pardon me, I thought the posting stated that it was a male and was semi-quoting it. I really didn't mean to offend you by my error.
nhibbard
: 393

« #9 : June 15, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »

I'm offended if they didn't lose their license for a year. The fine is good but they need a lot of time to think.
lena6
: 357

« #10 : June 15, 2013, 11:21:06 AM »

Travis, chill out.  It is a beautiful day.
Cat

« #11 : June 15, 2013, 08:42:17 PM »

I think Travis was just tying to state the facts....... no reason to make a big deal that he corrected it.  Thank God nobody was badly injured or worse.
Henry
Administrator

« #12 : June 16, 2013, 03:05:02 AM »

Free Press Staff

FAIRFAX — Margaret Wheel, 16, of Fairfax is fac­ing multiple charges for crashing her car after it was clocked going 82 miles per hour in a 40 mph zone, the Franklin County Sher­iff’s Department said.

Wheel has been ordered to appear in Vermont Supe­rior Court on charges of negligent operation, reck­less endangerment and ex­cessive speed, said Capt. Jay Sweeny, the depart­ment’s chief deputy.

Wheel also was issued $428 in tickets for the inci­dent that ended at Vermont 128 and McNall Road, Sweeny said.

Deputy Sheriff Corey Griswold reported he was on patrol in the village of Fairfax when he observed a red Pontiac headed south­bound at a high rate of speed about 9 p.m. Wednes­day. When he activated his radar it showed the car was going more than twice the 40 mph zone limit near the Steeple Market, Griswold said.

He said he turned his cruiser around and tried to catch up. He said he never activated his lights and si­ren and lost sight of the car briefly as it created a hill by the Commons. Griswold said the next time he saw the car it was smashed into a rock and trees.

Wheel and her passen­ger, Evan Labonte, 17, of Fairfax were checked by Fairfax Fire and Rescue and later released to their parents, the sheriffs de­partment said. They said the car was demolished.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: