Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:15:27 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  IBM
« previous next »
: [1]
: IBM  ( 3694 )
ohhman
: 469

IBM
« : June 12, 2013, 11:23:09 AM »

Just got word IBM is letting people go at this  time!!  So much for the news having one of the "big cheeses" last week say they were not laying off, nothing to be worried about.  Guess it wasn't his position being axed.   Don't you just love people not telling the truth??!!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : June 12, 2013, 11:39:16 AM »

from Peter Shumlin:

"We heard from IBM today that sites around the United States, including the Essex facility, will be notified of a workforce reorganization that will result in layoffs.  I am always concerned when we learn that Vermonters face job losses. Our hearts go out to the affected workers and their families, and I pledge my administration's resources to help their transition.  The Vermont Department of Labor has mobilized its rapid response team and is prepared to assist all laid off workers. 

Vermont's partnership with IBM is very important, but our state is not immune to the forces that are driving this decision in the larger organization. IBM has assured us that it remains committed to Vermont.  It will continue to invest in new and transformational opportunities that will lead to higher value for the company and its workers here.  Job losses are always hard, but it is important to remember that Vermont currently has the third-lowest unemployment rate in the country.  Many employers in Vermont are ready to hire those with the skills and education of these workers.  We will work hard to maximize the Vermont job opportunities for those who face these layoffs."

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Scott
: 152

« #2 : June 12, 2013, 11:58:25 AM »

Time to leave the sinking ship.

Regards,
Scott
logical
: 141

« #3 : June 12, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »

I love how they won't answer the big question of "how many people are laid off in VT facility".  Pretty sure it's more than the "121 nationwide" we're hearing.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #4 : June 12, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »

I BET SHUMMY IS RIGHT THERE TO OFFER TO BUY THE EMPTY HOUSES TOO
: [1]  
« previous next »
: