Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:51:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  School Brass Overrides Students' Speaker Pick
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: School Brass Overrides Students' Speaker Pick  ( 30254 )
lena6
: 357

« #30 : June 20, 2013, 07:41:45 AM »

What is a school board retreat?  Thank you.
nhibbard
: 393

« #31 : June 20, 2013, 04:50:25 PM »

retreats are generally once a year to focus on bigger picture topics and not regular business.
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #32 : June 21, 2013, 03:28:31 PM »

The minutes of the June meeting are not posted yet, however if you watch the LCATV video of the meeting http://www.lcatv.org/program/fairfax-school-board-14 you will see at about minute 197 and then again at minute 203 that the board decided to cancel their August 12th meeting, since they will be attending the retreat the week before, and have any needed business for the month take place at the retreat on Wednesday, August 7th, from noon to 5:00.
Watchman
: 47

« #33 : June 30, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the greater Fairfax community for allowing me to work with your children and get to know so many of you over the last 23 plus years. Since I am John Woodley, it seemed appropriate to give you my heartfelt thanks. I have so many great memories over the years but I will mention three personal highlights. I was hired by Dick Brown in 1990 and had known him as a teacher and coach when I went to Essex Junction High School. I remember when he called me the conscience of BFA. I have always hoped I could live up to those words. Another highlight is that  I was selected by the National Honor Society in 2012 to give a speech to the parents and members at the 2012 induction ceremony. Obviously I am eternally honored that the class of 2013 selected me to be the speaker at their commencement. Nothing can ever take away from the warm feelings and respect I have for the many individuals I have come to know over the years from your wonderful community. Thanks to all of you. Sincerely, John Woodley
lena6
: 357

« #34 : June 30, 2013, 03:47:45 PM »

Mr. Brown knew what he was doing when he hired you.  A great person or Mr. Brown would not have hired you.  What does this say about our present administrators.  Enough said.
ohhman
: 469

« #35 : July 01, 2013, 12:33:19 PM »

Mr. Woodley, as a parent of 3 graduates of BFA Fairfax, all of whom knew you, respected you & very much liked you, I want to say Fairfax has lost a great member of their staff, but even more sadly,  the students have lost a great teacher & mentor.   Even if my boys did not have you as a teacher, they spoke highly of you, of how you were always a friendly face in the halls, checking in on students, being a presence in the hall where it is very needed, attending sporting events to show your support.  As a parent, this is so what every school needs. I hope you know how important you were in our school, remember & be proud of all the good you did for the students.  Thank you!  I hope life gives you all the best & you receive many times over what you did for our students.  I am proud to sign my name in your support,   Karen (charboneau)  Hebert
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #36 : July 01, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »

As a bfa alum who did have the pleasure of interacting with you, I echo karens sentiments exactly!  Bfa's loss!  -Marc B
Watchman
: 47

« #37 : August 12, 2013, 09:08:19 AM »

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: