Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:38:37 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Georgia Mountain Wind Open House
« previous next »
: [1]
: Georgia Mountain Wind Open House  ( 4252 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : June 06, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »

Georgia Mt. Community Wind celebrates local jobs & local energy in Open House Sunday

Milton/Georgia, Vermont ... The Georgia Mountain Community Wind farm (GMCW) will host an Open House and Celebration on Sunday afternoon June 9.

The Open House for community members runs from 1pm to 4 pm and a 2 pm event will celebrate the local jobs that went into building the project and the clean, local energy being produced. 

The project, operational December 31 last year, is providing approximately 8 percent of Burlington Electric Department’s (BED) energy demand through a long-term stably priced contract.

The 10 MW community wind farm consists of four wind turbines, which will produce an estimated 27 million kWh annually.

The project is owned by two local business leaders and life-long Vermonters, renewable energy manufacturer and developer David Blittersdorf and Jim Harrison/the Harrison Family. 

GMCW is financed locally by Merchants Bank.  Lyndon, VT contractors J.A. McDonald performed the site construction and local businesses and services around Chittenden and Franklin counties supported and supplied the project such as Alpha Testing, Graybar, Milton Building Supply, Milton Rentals, Rene’s Gas and Deli, and the Apollo Diner, among many others.

More information on the project can be found at www.georgiamountainwind.com

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
ohhman
: 469

« #1 : June 09, 2013, 08:36:06 PM »

We attended this event today & it was AWESOME!
msm
: 211

« #2 : June 12, 2013, 12:04:16 PM »

I will visit the website --- but thought I'd ask here .. seeking additional information from the Henry Raymond Fairfax Information Website community .

Why does this private endevour have the word :  Community in their name ?  .....  Georgia Mountain Community Wind farm 

How does the company represent Community ?  Specifically, who is the Community ?

Do the local  'Communities' benefit ?  Does this Wind Farm pay local taxes to either/or Milton Georgia ?

Does the GHCW provide dividends ( aka Alaska ) to the members of the Community ? 

Bottomline ... How do the Commmunities directly benefit from this project ?

The title leads you to beleive this a 'Community' Project  ...  Please help me understand ..

Mike M
: [1]  
« previous next »
: