Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:47:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Woman Dies When Car Hits Tree On Route 104
« previous next »
: [1]
: Woman Dies When Car Hits Tree On Route 104  ( 9113 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 03, 2013, 02:17:48 AM »

STATE OF VERMONT
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE
PRESS RELEASE
INCIDENT: Motor Vehicle Crash with Fatality
Case#: 13A102093
TROOPER: Angela Baker             STATION: Williston Barracks             
CONTACT#: 878-7111
DATE/TIME: 06/02/13 @ 1929 hours
LOCATION (specific): Route 104 in Cambridge
OPERATOR:  Jessica Chaplin (Deceased)
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Johnson, Vermont

PASSENGER:  Infant passenger
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Johnson, Vermont
INJURIES: Unknown

DESCRIPTION OF VEHICLE: 2002 Kia Spectra
DAMAGE TO VEHICLE: totaled

WEATHER: Clear
ROAD CONDITION: Wet

SUMMARY OF CRASH:  On the above date and time, Vermont State Police were notified of a one car motor vehicle crash on Route 104 in Cambridge. Investigation revealed Chaplin was traveling south on VT Rt. 104 when the vehicle she was operating went off the west side of the roadway and struck a tree.  Chaplin was not wearing her seat belt and subsequently suffered major injuries. She was transported by Cambridge Rescue to Copley Hospital in Morrisville where she was pronounced deceased.  An infant passenger in the vehicle was also transported to Copley Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.   This motor vehicle crash is still under investigation.  Anyone who may have witnessed the accident or had contact with Chaplin prior to the crash is asked to contact the State Police.

Trooper Angela Baker
Vermont State Police - Williston Barracks
2777 St. George Road
Williston, VT 05495
Phone: (802)878-7111
Email: angela.baker@state.vt.us

« : June 03, 2013, 02:20:49 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : June 03, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »

A number of people have wondered what all the sirens were about up towards Cambridge on Route 104.  I put this press release up from Angela Baker as soon as I noticed it.  Police are looking for information from people who may have been in contact with her shortly before the accident.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : June 05, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »

Jessica Lyn Chaplin
(June 18, 1991 - June 2, 2013)

Johnson/East Fairfield - Jessica Lyn Chaplin, 21, of Johnson and formerly of East Fairfield passed away Sunday, June 2, 2013, from injuries sustained in an auto accident. She was employed as a reservationist at the Top Notch Resort in Stowe.

Born in St. Albans June 18, 1991, she was the daughter of Melissa Ann LaPan and John Henry Chaplin. Jessica was a 2009 graduate of Enosburg High School and attended Community College of Vermont in Morrisville.

She leaves her father, John H. Chaplin of East Fairfield, her mother and step father, Melissa and Randy Bingham of St. Albans, her son, Kobi Dezotelle and her fiancé, Corey Dezotelle both of Johnson, her brother, Jordan Chaplin of East Fairfield, three step brothers, Christopher, Brenden and Zachary Bingham all of Randolph, a half-brother, Kyle Sausville of Grand Isle, her maternal grandmother, Marilyn Demar of St. Albans, paternal grandfather, David Chaplin of East Fairfield, a special aunt, Sandra Draper of St. Albans and several aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.

A memorial service with a time for sharing will be held Friday, June 7, 2013, at 7:00 PM in the Heald Funeral Home, 87 South Main Street, St. Albans with Rev. Kerry Cameron, officiating. Family will receive friends from 6:00 PM until the hour of the service.

An educational trust fund has been established for Jessica’s son, Kobi. The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions be sent to Melissa A. Bingham, 10 Maiden Lane, Apt. 7, St. Albans, VT 05478 . Private condolence messages may be sent to www.healdfuneralhome.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: