Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:28:51 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax 250th Birthday Parade/Community Day/Ducky Race on July 4th!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax 250th Birthday Parade/Community Day/Ducky Race on July 4th!  ( 8008 )
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« : May 30, 2013, 10:05:02 AM »

Time to start thinking about those floats for the parade! 

Parade Info:
The Parade will be held on Thursday July 4, 2013 at 1pm, with the parade line-up beginning at 11:30am. Parade will start at St. Luke's Church and proceed down Main St, bearing right on Hunt St. and end at the Fairfax Community Recreation Park!
This will be approximately a 2 mile route.

Community Day Info:
The Fun does not stop when the parade ends! The parade will lead us to the 6th annual Community Day and 21st Annual Ducky Race.
This annual event has been growing over the past few years and last year, all winners were in the park for the race winning $50 extra dollars. As in recent years, we would like groups/businesses etc., to create booths for the Community Day, and we look forward to hearing your ideas! The winner of the famous Golden Duck Trophy will also be announced at Community Day.

Participation Wanted By All:
If you are interested in participating in the 4th of July Parade and/or Celebration, please complete the form attached and spread the word. All are welcome! Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.Last year was our comeback year and we had over 65 entries in the parade and the park had several vending and fun in the park.  On year two we are looking to top it and provide more food and entertainment in the park as well.

Plus we love that our floats in the parade throw candy to the kids and they chatted my ear off after the parade on the floats and the candy throwing was so much fun to catch and share with their siblings.

Do you have a business that would gain exposure by being in the parade or vending in the park?  Or a Veteran, have a race car/antique car/community club/sport or just plain want to dress up and be in the parade; YOU are exactly who we would love to have! Here is a great opportunity to celebrate the 250th Birthday or Fairfax and participate in the celebration!

To access forms for having a booth and/or participate in the parade please click on the link below.
http://www.fairfaxrecreation.com/annual.html#community_day
« : June 05, 2013, 07:36:15 PM Henry »

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mkr
Administrator

« #1 : June 05, 2013, 08:55:55 AM »

Ducky Race tickets are now being sold at your local businesses!

mkr
Administrator

« #2 : June 13, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »

Bump, just a reminder :-)

CindyG
: 19

« #3 : June 14, 2013, 01:04:46 PM »

The parade was so much fun last year. 
I can't wait for it this year!
mkr
Administrator

« #4 : June 24, 2013, 09:44:14 AM »

Bump! 4th of July is almost here and time to get those forms filled out to be in the parade or to do vending in the park!

If you have any questions or issues filling out a form, let me know and I will help you.

Colin Santee
: 21

« #5 : June 26, 2013, 08:56:11 AM »

How much are ducks being sold for?  What businesses are they available from?

Thanks!

Colin

Colin Santee, Director
Fairfax Parks & Rec. Dept.
mkr
Administrator

« #6 : June 26, 2013, 08:59:12 AM »

Several Local Businesses Sell the Duck Tickets, Eastman's, Fairfax Pharmacy, local Stores as well.

Ducky Race Info:
The Ducky Race is a fun family event where you can cheer your plastic ducky as it floats down the Lamoille River to the finish line in the park. You can either wait at the finish line while announcers keep everyone informed as to the location of the duckies, or follow the duckies from the launch site, walking along the Rec Path to the finish line in the Park. The first three duckies to reach the finish line win cash prizes. If you are in the park when your duck takes 1st, 2nd or 3rd you win an extra $50!

Ducky tickets will be sold for $4 each or buy 5 get one free, around town beginning in early May up until 1/2 hour before the race start (with proceeds supporting recreation programs).

mkr
Administrator

« #7 : July 02, 2013, 06:59:39 AM »

It is not too late to participate in the 4th of July Festivities!

Use the link up top to access the forms to be in the parade or do vending in the park! 
You can email forms to the fairfaxparksandrec@yahoo.com and call with questions to Katrina: 849-2641

Ducky Tickets are still being sold up until Wednesday night! Stop by your local store and get your lucky ducky ticket number!

Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #8 : July 02, 2013, 07:05:29 AM »

Bump!! Thursday is the big day!! Any Fairfax Veterans that would like to walk in the Parade please message me for details!! 

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #9 : July 03, 2013, 05:59:48 AM »

could be a record time in the Ducky Race !
I am really looking forward to tomorrow !!!

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #10 : July 03, 2013, 07:32:36 AM »

I was thinking that Chris!! Especially if we get a hard rain today!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mkr
Administrator

« #11 : July 03, 2013, 07:35:03 AM »

Don't wish for major rain...

If the river floods and high waters, it would not be a good day for a race as the ducks could end up in a corn field or someone's back yard and would not safe for the kayakers.

So I am hoping for just a tiny bit of rain if we must have some :-)

: [1]  
« previous next »
: