Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:23:14 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Do you use Overdrive to download e or audio books? Important notice.
« previous next »
: [1]
: Do you use Overdrive to download e or audio books? Important notice.  ( 4392 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : May 22, 2013, 09:40:44 AM »

Our Listen Up Vermont users need to be aware of the following update:

OverDrive Media Console v2.6.5 is coming to iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) and Android on May 28th.

This release is all about bug-fixes to improve the end user experience.  Here is what’s coming out in v2.6.5:

Enhancements made to improve the speed of the in-app browser (iOS)
    Fixed a bug that causes the app to crash when working from a proxy server (iOS)
    Improved bad SSL certificate error messaging (iOS)
    Fixed a bug that prevents page turns beyond page 161 on some devices (Android)
    Various minor bug fixes and performance improvements on both iOS and Android

Due to a change in Apple’s privacy policies, we’ve had to make changes to the way we handle licensing of EPUB eBooks and MP3 audiobooks.  As a result, the OMC for iOS v2.6.5 update will de-authorize every users’ Adobe ID.  Upon opening OMC for the first time after the update, users will be prompted to re-authorize.

Audiobook users that have only partially downloaded an audiobook prior to the update will need to return to the library bookshelf to download any missing parts.  If users try downloading missing parts directly without first reactivating the download from their library website bookshelf, they will receive a ‘downloadManagerErrorDomain:403’ error.
nhibbard
: 393

« #1 : May 22, 2013, 10:58:03 AM »

You mean deauthorize the adobe id just for Overdrive right?
Fairfax Librarian

« #2 : May 23, 2013, 11:10:35 AM »

I believe if you use Adobe Editions it will want to re-authorize that piece of software regardless of what you use it for.
We will have to see on May 28th.
Wormerod
: 44

« #3 : May 23, 2013, 01:09:58 PM »

This link might be helpful if there are issue after the update.

Regards,

Bill

http://help.overdrive.com/article/0238/Why-do-I-have-to-sign-in-with-an-Adobe-ID-after-updating-OverDrive-Media-Console-for-iOS-iPhoneiPadiPod-touch
« : May 28, 2013, 04:43:58 PM Wormerod »
Fairfax Librarian

« #4 : May 28, 2013, 03:30:12 PM »

Thanks, Bill!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: