Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:44:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Public Service Message - Fire Department Training Sessions
« previous next »
: [1]
: Public Service Message - Fire Department Training Sessions  ( 3247 )
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« : May 20, 2013, 02:25:22 PM »

*PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE*

On Tuesday evening May 21st and May 28th, from 6pm-10pm the Fairfax Fire Department will be conducting Search and Rescue training at the former Food Venture Building at the bottom of Mail Hill.  The department will be utilizing environmentally friendly fog machine solution to make the training evolutions as real as possible.  This fog has the appearance of smoke and will be visible from the street during the training as heavy volumes will be used.  Please do not be alarmed as this is a controlled training session with NO live fire being used.  The fire department will ventilate the building using high pressure fans once training is complete to ensure that this smoke like fog is flushed from the building and not visable once we depart the grounds.

The department will also be making simulated announcements over the the Town of Fairfax radio frequency such as Mayday Calls, and fire operations terminology.  These messages will be for training purposes only once again and the department will be sure to preface the evenings training and occasionally during the event to ensure that the public is aware. 

We would like to thank Gabe Handy for allowing the department to utilize this structure for these critical skill building exercises. 

Thank You,

Justin Hayes, CFI
Fire Chief
Fairfax Fire Dept.
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #1 : May 28, 2013, 11:44:39 AM »

Just a heads up to all that the Fire Department will be conducting the same type training again this evening May 28th 6pm-10pm.

Justin Hayes, CFI
Fire Chief
Fairfax Fire Department
: [1]  
« previous next »
: