Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:44:09 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Deputy Says Woman Resisted Arrest At Nan's Mobil
« previous next »
: [1]
: Deputy Says Woman Resisted Arrest At Nan's Mobil  ( 6800 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 17, 2013, 03:57:55 AM »

Deputy says woman resisted arrest

FAIRFAX — A Franklin County Sheriff’s deputy said a woman resisted arrest after being stopped on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The Sheriff’s Depart­ment said the deputy saw a car travel at 45 mph in a 30 mph speed zone near Nan’s Mobil on Main Street in Fairfax at about 10 p.m. Wednesday. Authorities said the vehicle pulled around to the side of Nan’s Mobile and the deputy found a woman outside a vehicle. The woman,who officials identified as Janet Foss, 53, of Milton, had a strong odor of intoxicants on her breath, according to the sheriff’s department.

Police said Ross de­clined to do a field sobri­ety and preliminary breath test. She started to walk away from the depu­ty, who told her she was under arrest and tried to put handcuffs on her, according to the Sheriff’s department.

She continued to resist, but the deputy managed to get her into custody within a few minutes with no injuries to either party, authorities said.

She was cited for driv­ing under the influence, second offense, and re­sisting arrest, the Sher­iff’s office said.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : May 17, 2013, 05:35:12 AM »

On 05/15/13, at approximately 2207 hours, I was montitoring traffic on Main Street in Fairfax in the area of Nan's Mobil. I observed a vehicle traveling north on Main Street that appeared to be exceeding the speed limit of 30 mph, radar showed a speed of 45 mph. I watched as the vehicle passed by me and pulled around to the side of Nan's Mobil. I pulled out of where I was sitting and met with a female who was not standing by the vehicle. The female was found to be the operator of the vehicle and identified as Janet Foss. While speaking with her I could detect a strong odor of intoxicants coming from her person. She denied having drank anything. I asked her to conduct field sobriety excersices to which she said she was going to refuse. She also refused a Preliminary Breath Test and started to walk away from me. i advised her she was under arrest and attempted to place her in hand cuffs. Foss pulled away from me and pulled her hands apart. I placed her hands behind her back and tried to reach my cuffs but she continued to resist me. After several minutes I was able to get her in custody and placed her in my cruiser. She was processed for DUI#2 and Resisting Arrest. Her BAC was found to be over the legal limit. 

Cpl. Miles

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : May 17, 2013, 06:58:31 AM »

more from Cpl. Miles:

On 5/10/13, I conducted a motor vehicle stop on Oakland Station Road for expired registration (Expired Dec 2011) and Misuse of Plates. The operator was identifed as James Ditullio. Dittulio advised he was totally illegal and advised me  just to arrest him. He was found to have a civilly suspended license, no insurance on the vehicle and someone elses license plates. While speaking with him I detected an odor of intoxicants coming from the vehicle. When asked if he had been drinking he said that he had 6 drinks. He later provided a BAC that was over the legal limit of .08%. During a subsequent search of his person I located what was later found to be 2 grams of marijuana in his pocket. He was processed and released on a citation to appear in court on 05/28/13. He was also issued tickets for Operating After Suspension and No Insurance.     

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
nhibbard
: 393

« #3 : May 17, 2013, 07:33:03 AM »

I wish we treated driving with a suspended or no license with more severity. If they didn't care enough not to listen before, why would they when released. A few days in jail might make them understand. The DUI only adds to the stupidity.
cedarman
: 370

« #4 : May 17, 2013, 08:38:13 AM »

civilly suspended and criminally suspended are two different things.  Civil suspension can result from non-payment (or incomplete payment) of a non-moving violation ticket and certainly, in my opinion, doesn't constitute a significant/major punishment
ohhman
: 469

« #5 : May 17, 2013, 10:48:52 AM »

Just remember cedarman, that sometimes sentences are reduced so that civil suspension may have been reduced or plea bargained from criminal suspension.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: