Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:10:42 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Soda Bottle Bombs
« previous next »
: [1]
: Soda Bottle Bombs  ( 5292 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : May 02, 2013, 05:18:29 AM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

CASE#: 13B201358    TROOPER: Trooper Andrew Jensen                                                         
STATION: VSP-Derby   CONTACT#: 802-334-8881

DATE/TIME: Approximately 2345 hours on 05/01/13

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:
During the late night hours of 05/01/13, members of the VSP Bomb Squad responded to assist Newport Police Department. Several pressure type explosive devices, commonly referred as soda bottle bombs, were found outside a residence. Two (2) of the devices had exploded resulting in damage to the residence. An additional six (6) devices remained unexploded on-scene. All six (6) devices were rendered safe by Bomb Squad members. This matter is being actively investigated by the Newport Police Department. 

The VSP Bomb Squad wishes to remind the public that these devices do pose personal safety hazards. If you find such a device, you should maintain a safe distance, avoid disturbing the device, and contact your local police agency.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : May 02, 2013, 06:37:38 AM »

As my dear father used to say,"People are stupider than anybody."
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #2 : May 02, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »

what is a soda bottle bomb anyway ??? sounds like something made in highschool chem class
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : May 03, 2013, 07:11:44 AM »

like a MRE bomb I'm guessing.  Used to throw them in peoples tents all the time when I was in the Military until my buddy Bebe lost his eye from one.  They can do some damage if you make them right.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
nhibbard
: 393

« #4 : May 03, 2013, 07:18:31 AM »

YouTube has some videos of these. They're great when the font hit someone or something. The pressure is intense and the bomb can turn into a rocket.
Willinreach
: 33

« #5 : May 03, 2013, 07:01:53 PM »

I don't know if these are the same type of bombs, but a few weeks back, there was postings of Drano Bottle Bombs circulating on Facebook.  Like always, I checked snopes.com to see if it was a hoax and it turned out to be real.  There is also a video of one in action.

Heres the link - http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp
: [1]  
« previous next »
: