Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:46:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Fletcher elementry school fields suffer severe vandalism, again.
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fletcher elementry school fields suffer severe vandalism, again.  ( 7993 )
Wormerod
: 44

« : April 26, 2013, 04:55:26 PM »

This is an ongoing problem, but by far the worst I have seen in my 15 years. Both soccer fields and the softball fields have been damaged.

This time it appears as if it is a vehicle.

The images are posted on the FFWL Facebook page. Please spread the word and help find the person or persons who did this.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=585644571460422&set=a.585644421460437.1073741827.198886650136218&type=1&theater
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : April 26, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »

Bill, for those people who don't have access to facebook I have transferred your photos here:

Henry Raymond
lena6
: 357

« #2 : April 26, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »

What in God's name did they get out of doing that.  I could say so much more but I am not allowed to curse here.
nhibbard
: 393

« #3 : April 26, 2013, 07:58:58 PM »

Can't find an empty parking lot? Should lose their license and impound the car.
sue
: 124

« #4 : April 26, 2013, 08:41:19 PM »

Awful. What is the point?? 
avbball
: 17

« #5 : April 27, 2013, 05:03:53 PM »

Another awful thing about this is (as if tearing up childrens' play spaces isn't bad enough), just last weekend a huge group of FFWLL coaches, families, and player volunteers did a beautiful job preparing these fields for our season and Opening Day which is just a few days away. The fields had never looked better. The Little League will have to pay for these repairs, too, which takes money right out of the pockets of this program. So, so disappointing.
gumby542
: 22

« #6 : April 28, 2013, 06:27:26 PM »

This is just disgusting! I hope they found out who did it and prosecute accordingly. It goes to show how one persons plain ignorance can ruin things for everyone.
Wormerod
: 44

« #7 : April 29, 2013, 06:15:28 AM »

Friday night the BFA ball fields, playground and gazebo were damaged and spray painted, and then Saturday the Westford softball fields were damaged.
I truly hope that whoever is doing this is caught and besides having to fix what they have damaged. are made to apologize to every one of the children and volunteers that they have impacted.
Family of 5
: 26

« #8 : April 29, 2013, 11:34:47 AM »

Just out of curiosity, why isn't a claim being made with the School's insurance? It seems to me that the recreation club(s) should provide basic upkeep to the grounds that they use, but this far exceeds what would be considered "normal wear and tear".  I hope this option is really considered.
ohhman
: 469

« #9 : April 29, 2013, 12:34:31 PM »

A few years back some kids were smashing windows @ Fairfax; when police where called~a FEW times~ the answer was there was no one in the area.  Funny how when a call was then made that a few neighbors were taking matters in their own hands, a police arrived in a very few minutes!!  Well, last week, Thurs or Fri night, there were some kids~high schoolers~ speeding around the parking lot & a group up near the basketball court goofing around; our sheriff was across the street in the rec path lot; MAYBE if he'd made his presence more known, just check in a friendly way, this wouldn't have happened.  One vehicle I recognized, others I did not.  Got to say, people would be surprised....NOT MY KID........ something I learned long ago never to say.   Though mine knew better to vandalize other's property they made other poor choices & paid consequences.    Not perfect, but mine & love them.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: