Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:20:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Essex School Bus/S.U.V./Police Cruiser Crash
« previous next »
: [1]
: Essex School Bus/S.U.V./Police Cruiser Crash  ( 3519 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : April 18, 2013, 05:29:02 AM »

STATE OF VERMONT

DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY VERMONT STATE POLICE
PRESS RELEASE MOTOR VEHICLE CRASH

CASE#:  13A101490
TROOPER:  Sgt. David Robillard                                                   
STATION:  Williston                 
CONTACT#: Capt. Glenn Hall / 878-7111

DATE/TIME: April 17th, 2013 / approx. 1912 hours
LOCATION: U.S. Route 2A approximately a ½ mile north of North Street in Essex.

VEHICLE #1
OPERATOR:  Rosemary C. Hollwedel (DECEASED)
SEAT BELT? No
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE:  Essex, VT
DESCRIPTION OF VEHICLE: 2008 Subaru Forester, Blue
DAMAGE TO VEHICLE: Extensive

VEHICLE #2
OPERATOR:  Zvonko Knezevic
SEAT BELT?  Yes
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE:  South Burlington, VT
DESCRIPTION OF VEHICLE: 2006 School Bus, yellow
DAMAGE TO VEHICLE:  Rear passenger side

VEHICLE #3
OPERATOR: Ray St. Pierre (Essex Police Officer)                                                                 
SEAT BELT? Yes
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE:
DESCRIPTION OF VEHICLE: 2011 Ford Crown Victoria, black
DAMAGE TO VEHICLE: Extensive Front End

SUMMARY OF CRASH: On the evening of April 17th, 2013 the Vermont State Police were notified of a three (3) vehicle crash that involved a fully marked Essex Police cruiser.  The Essex Police Department requested the Vermont State Police conduct the investigation.  This crash occurred on U.S. Route 2A in the town of Essex. 

Vermont State Police Troopers to include members of the Crash Reconstruction Team and members of the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles responded to the crash scene. 

Initial investigation indicated that Veh #1 was traveling south on US Rt. 2A behind a school bus (Veh#2) traveling in the same direction.   Veh#1 collided with the rear end of Veh#2 (school bus) and subsequently traveled left of center into the northbound lane.  Veh#3 (Essex Police cruiser) was traveling north on US Rt.2A and was struck head-on by Veh#1.  Initial investigation indicates that impact occurred in the northbound lane.

Upon impact, the female operator of Veh#1 (Hollwedel) was ejected from the vehicle and was pronounced deceased at the scene.  The operator of Veh#3 (Ray St. Pierre) was transported to Fletcher Allen Hospital and was treated for multiple lacerations as a result of the crash. 

At the time of the crash, the school bus (Veh#2) was occupied by twelve (12) members of the Essex High School Tennis Team in addition to the coach and bus driver.  There were no reported injuries to any occupants of the school bus. 

This remains an active investigation. 
Anyone who witnessed this crash is asked to contact the Vermont State Police Williston barracks at (802)878-7111. 

Captain Glenn E. Hall
Commander – Troop A
Vermont State Police
2777 St. George Rd
Williston, VT 05495
(802)-878-7111

Glenn.Hall@state.vt.us

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Razzle Dazzle

« #1 : April 18, 2013, 11:31:21 AM »

My wife knew Rosemary and introduced me to her several years ago.  Last we knew, she was married to an Essex Police officer.
We were shocked by the news.
trussell
: 870

« #2 : April 18, 2013, 12:37:55 PM »

That's correct Raz.  She was a very nice woman. :(

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: