Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:31:43 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Georgia Wind Turbines Produce 1M KWH in one week
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Georgia Wind Turbines Produce 1M KWH in one week  ( 17423 )
trussell
: 870

« #15 : April 17, 2013, 08:07:24 AM »

I bet wind turbines are better for property values than cooling towers.  Or coal stacks.

I don't think anyone should complain about electricity generation until they're willing to become self-sufficient and produce all the power they use, especially when the inconvenience is visual (wind, solar) and not affecting air or water quality.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #16 : April 17, 2013, 12:41:46 PM »

from mother earth news oct.nov.2012...value of ethanol from corn on 1 acre=1000.dollars.......      value of electricity from wind turbine on one acre =300,000 dollars
nancyd
: 304

« #17 : April 17, 2013, 12:47:20 PM »

Mr T,
I don't think anyone should complain about electricity generation until they're willing to become self-sufficient and produce all the power they use, especially when the inconvenience is visual (wind, solar) and not affecting air or water quality.

A little mean spirited, don't you think? Not needed here.
trussell
: 870

« #18 : April 17, 2013, 03:15:07 PM »

I'm sorry Nancy, I wasn't directing my comment at you and I'm sorry if that sounded like an attack.  It was more of a general comment that (dare I say *most*?) people are often unwilling to change their own habits and dependencies but at the same time will complain. 

People complain about the chemicals in food but continue to buy those exact same foods.
People complain about how expensive gas is but continue to drive vehicles that consume (large quantities of) it.
People complain about their government/roads/sidewalks/community but are unwilling to get involved and work toward the change they desire.  Or pay higher taxes for improvements.
People complain about ALL types of electricity generation - water, wind, solar, nuclear, coal - but I bet households consume even more now than they did 20 or 40 years ago.

I'm sure I could probably go on... But the reality of it is that we, as a community/state/nation/world, *NEED* electricity but people aren't willing to cut back enough to make a difference.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
nancyd

« #19 : April 17, 2013, 03:24:15 PM »

Thank you for that VERY NICE reply. I use all energy efficient bulbs if that helps! Thanks a lot......that was nice of you...I feel better.
cedarman
: 370

« #20 : April 18, 2013, 02:21:12 PM »

I'm always a little irritated by people who complain about visual issues impacting their property value.  I have no sympathy for individuals who over pay for property.  IF your property "value" is substantially harmed by a visual change in a surrounding area that you don't own/control, then you paid too much.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #21 : April 18, 2013, 03:20:03 PM »

EVEN IF the niebors are slobbs???
nancyd

« #22 : April 18, 2013, 03:27:23 PM »

Ohhhh........not you too Cedarman!  I am always a little irritated by people who complain about/ to the complainers[/b][/color]. I have no sympathy for them. Be kind, be nice..... A Better way to live......spring is here!  Don't you feel the kindness in the air????
« : April 18, 2013, 03:30:45 PM nancyd »
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: