Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:10:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dean Blake, 85, Dies - Memorial Service Saturday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dean Blake, 85, Dies - Memorial Service Saturday  ( 2588 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : December 01, 2012, 01:38:46 PM »

Fairfax/Jeffersonville, Dean W. Blake, 85 of Jeffersonville, died peacefully, Wednesday November 28, 2012 In Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington.
Dean was born August 14, 1927 in Fairfax the son of the late Dean Paul and Maude Daniels Blake. He attended school in Fairfax and on July 15, 1950 he married Colleen Toof in the United Church of Fairfax. He ran the Homestead Farm that was originally cleared from the wilderness by the Blake Brothers and combined with two other farms to establish the present farm on Route 104A.
An Army veteran, Mr. Blake was a member of the occupational troops in Japan during WWII. Dean was a member of the Fairfax, Lamoille Masonic Lodge and the Order of the Eastern Star. He enjoyed cooking, was very well known for his Apple and Keyline pies, as well as a gentleman who liked to make people smile with his quick wit and the ability to tell a good story when necessary. He was deeply loved and will be dearly missed.
He is survived by his wife, Colleen Blake of Jeffersonville and their children; Dean W. Blake Jr. of St. Albans, Christine Rainville and her husband, Claude of Fairfax and Jeff Blake and his wife, Johanna of Fairfax. His grandchildren; Amanda Blake, Aaron Rainville and fiancé Tara Cushing, Nicole Rainville-Bates and her husband Lee, and Josh Blake. His great grandchildren; Natalie, Mariah and Kayleigh. Two sisters; Nora Allen of Essex and Ada Olivarez and her husband Ruben of Essex. Three special nieces; Susan, Shirley, and Sylvia. He was predeceased by his brother, Charles. Funeral Services will be held at a later date and time to be determined by Dean's family. For those who wish, donations may be made in Dean's memory to any charity that would benefit the needy.

Cards of condolence may be sent to:
Colleen Blake
115 Mann's Meadow
Jeffersonville, VT 05464
« : April 18, 2013, 07:41:34 PM Henry »

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : April 18, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »

Fairfax/Jeffersonville, Dean W. Blake, 85 formerly of Fairfax who passed away November 28, 2012.  A Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 1 PM in the United Church of Fairfax.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: