Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:32:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Rabies in St. Albans
« previous next »
: [1]
: Rabies in St. Albans  ( 2010 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : April 08, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »

St. Albans Police Department

A third rabies infected raccoon in St. Albans City has tested positive for rabies. This animal was captured Friday in the area of 179 Federal Street.

The two earlier incidents occurred on Saturday March 30th and Sunday March 31st, the St. Albans Police Department responded to two separate complaints of possible rabid raccoons.  Both animals were tested and those tests have since come back positive for rabies.

The raccoons that were tested were located on New Street, High Street and now Federal Street in St. Albans City.   Rabies is a fatal disease that can be transferred from animals to people. Exposure to rabies can occur when saliva from an infected animal gets into a fresh, open scratch or on to a mucous membrane, such as the mouth eyes or if a person is scratched by the animal.  Even raccoons that appear to be healthy could be a source of exposure to rabies. 

If you observe a raccoon in the area, please make sure to call the St. Albans Police Department at (802)524-2166.  If you are looking for more information on Rabies, please call 1-800-4-RABIES.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: