Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:47:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Why did DHS purchase 1.6 BILLION rounds of ammunitions???
« previous next »
: [1]
: Why did DHS purchase 1.6 BILLION rounds of ammunitions???  ( 5302 )
nancyd
: 304

« : March 23, 2013, 07:46:00 AM »

Any thought of why the DHS purchased this huge amount of ammunition? The population of the entire U.S. Is just about 313 million people.
That would be 5 rounds for evey single person in the U.S. Don't buy the explanation that it's for training purposes.....what do you think is the REAL reason????
Scott
: 152

« #1 : March 23, 2013, 01:47:52 PM »

Hollow points are not *always used for training. Why did they buy 750 million rounds? ... just saying.

* It's best to train with what you carry.... but this doesn't explain their mass purchase at all.

Regards,
Scott
nhibbard
: 393

« #2 : March 23, 2013, 06:01:03 PM »

Could have been a budget move for the vendor or DHS. Spend it now before a budget is approved. Then they'll have to get the money elsewhere for Defense.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : March 28, 2013, 12:00:46 PM »

Ammo has become harder and harder to get over the last 5-10 years, especially in the amounts required to equip and properly train an agency with around 110,000 law enforcement officers like DHS.  While I do work for DHS, I have no way to know for sure what the thought process behind purchasing this amount of ammo is but I would assume it is to stock pile and have some reserves.  I do the same thing with my personal firearms, I like to have at least 1500 rounds on hand for each one of my firearms.  You never know what the future holds and it is always best to be prepared for anything.

Also keep in mind as a federal LEO you are required to qualify with your weapon(s) once every quarter instead of once a year like most local LEOs do.  If you think about it 200-400 rounds of ammo 4 times a year for 110,000 Federal LEOs adds up pretty quick.  On top of that when you want to practice on your own time DHS will supply you with ammo.  So that also adds up to a lot of ammo and I know for a fact that most Border Patrol and ICE (FUGOPS) guys shoot a TON on there own time.  Most of the best marksman in DHS come from the Border Patrol and ICE for that very reason. Shoot, Shoot, and then shoot some more.   
« : March 28, 2013, 12:28:14 PM FXDHS »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #4 : June 11, 2013, 03:34:17 PM »

Clearly, it's to resist the Zombie Apocalypse and Alien Invasion.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
trussell
: 870

« #5 : June 12, 2013, 08:48:36 AM »

That's ridiculous.  Everyone knows .22 rounds are ineffective against zombies.  I'm unclear on whether or not they're the choice round for aliens (perhaps that depends on the type of alien).

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: