Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:20:10 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  CFC Minutes and Home Show Information
« previous next »
: [1]
: CFC Minutes and Home Show Information  ( 1951 )
ASDuling
: 75

« : March 23, 2013, 07:31:21 AM »

Greeting Fairfax Community,

The "Home Show with Local Flavor" is coming up on May 11 at the Baptist Building. All vendors must be registered by April 2, so if you have a gardening or homesteading skill you would like to share with the community, please contact Ann Lemieux at 802-849-6605 or an@dustytrailrealty.com.

Minutes of Board Meeting - Citizens for Fairfax Community - March 12, 2013

Insurance: It was decided we needed to purchase Event Liability Insurance and Liability Insurance for Officers & Trustees prior to the Home Show on May 11.

501(c)3 Status: Barb provided an update on the tax requirements to retain the 501(c)3 status. The 25-page Form 1023 required by the VT Tax office does not seem to apply to our situation based on the instructions. Mark suggested contacting an outside resource for accounting advice and support on submitting the paperwork, and will make these meeting arrangements.

Home Show: There are only a few vendors signed up for the Home Show on May 11.  Harold’s friend made a flyer promoting the event, and Mark agreed to distribute the flyers at the Collins Perley Home Show to drum up more vendors. It was agreed that Ann could pull the plug on the Home Show if we do not have sufficient vendors by April 1.

The idea of a Scrapbooking event received a lot of positive feedback and may be a Plan B event if we need to cancel the Home Show. The Scrapbooking will be held on a different date. Barb agreed to lead the event.

Storybook Fair: Jerry Stark shared an idea for a Renaissance Fair-type event with a Storybook Character theme. It would be aimed at elementary school-aged children with participatory activities relating to storybooks. The FCTC Board has discussed this and is interested in a joint venture. Other groups were identified as partners. If all groups are on board a steering committee will be created to move forward.

Next Meeting: April 9 at 7 PM at the United Church of Fairfax.

Questions? Please contact Amanda at asduling@gmail.com

Hope to see you at the next meeting!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: