Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:01:45 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Two More Break-Ins On Pond Road In Fletcher On Friday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Two More Break-Ins On Pond Road In Fletcher On Friday  ( 7951 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 17, 2013, 06:17:25 AM »

Just a heads up, 2 more houses were broken into in Fletcher Friday, door kicked in and they took jewelry,money and prescriptions! On Pond Rd this time.

Henry Raymond
Jachenry
: 4

« #1 : March 22, 2013, 05:39:35 PM »

Last Thursday, march 14, someone scoped out a house on the king road.  They did not break in, but checked all the doors and looked in windows.   This could have been the second break in since April.  Perhaps the multiple security measures that have been put in place discouraged them.   Now another security measure has been added.......you're on candid camera!  Maybe next time we will have a picture and not just footprints. 
Mummy
: 280

« #2 : March 22, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »

Hunters use Trail Cam's to watch deer - Hunter's Wife's use that same Trail Cam to watch the driveway activity when the Hunter is not using it!  You don't have to be a Hunter to own a Trail Cam with is only $100.

Scott
: 152

« #3 : March 23, 2013, 01:37:04 PM »

Hunters use Trail Cam's to watch deer - Hunter's Wife's use that same Trail Cam to watch the driveway activity when the Hunter is not using it!  You don't have to be a Hunter to own a Trail Cam with is only $100.

But you have to keep feeding it batteries, gather/erase data off the SD card when it fills up....and if they see it...they'll just steal the cam as well.

Regards,
Scott
nhibbard
: 393

« #4 : March 23, 2013, 06:02:21 PM »

Use a webcam and save the files online. Some good setups if you have one.
Mummy
: 280

« #5 : March 24, 2013, 06:22:32 PM »

But you have to keep feeding it batteries, gather/erase data off the SD card when it fills up....and if they see it...they'll just steal the cam as well.

True you do need to replace batteries, when I was home I turned it off.  If they see the cam, they will steal it IF they make it past our Dogs, they could have the cam.  Never lost a cam but I did not use the flash feature which gives the location away.  With all of the modern technology available, I have hooked up cams from the window in the house to a computer which was less expensive than the Trail Cam.  I used the Trail Cam before the modern technology became so affordable. 

Good luck!
nhibbard

« #6 : March 24, 2013, 06:38:58 PM »

There's a new security option I'm looking at. Scoutalarm.com looks like it would be good to notify. It's sad that we even need to look at these things in a small community.
GreytJB
: 22

« #7 : March 25, 2013, 01:53:07 AM »

Seems like that Scoutalarm isn't shipping for another 4-5 months. 

I took a look at the video security system options at Costco and Lowes and decided that for now a regular alarm system makes more sense for my situation.  I ended up buying and installing a system from SimpliSafe.com, which looks pretty similar to what Scoutalarm is promising (call center monitoring, do it yourself wireless installation, motion/window/door detectors, etc) but for a LOT cheaper than what ADT was selling.   So far I'm pretty happy with it, although there's no camera option (yet) and its cellular coverage is a little weak in our area.   

That said, I'd still like to see some suggestions for simple outdoor wireless camera systems that can send the recordings out to the Internet to be able to identify and catch these criminals red-handed.
nhibbard

« #8 : March 25, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »

The big box store cameras are nice. The night vision on the works too. They're also pretty easy to put online to view. I like scout because of the design, expansion, cost and lack of wires. You're right on the date though. I also believe it's a fist gen system so it doesn't have a track record.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #9 : March 25, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »

i like ruger brand myself ,dead men tell no lies
nhibbard

« #10 : March 25, 2013, 07:40:17 PM »

They seem to avoid the people. Not sure that would work while you're out.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: