Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:14:38 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  How I spent my weekend....
« previous next »
: [1]
: How I spent my weekend....  ( 6103 )
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« : April 30, 2007, 03:56:26 PM »

That's me on the left, after a few entries inside the building.  Here, we are keeping an eye on a tree the homeowner wanted to keep.  Both of our helmets used to be as yellow as others in later pics..

I was in that doorway earlier on in the morning...

These are some of my former cadet firefighters (12-15), that are now Jr. firefighters (16-18).  Some I will have in Vermont Fire Academy level 1 course (which I just became a nationally certified instructor in) in the fall.

This guy is a retired Washington DC deputy chief.  He joined us last year.  Still can't get over how much training we do and how dedicated we are for a volunteer (actually paid call) fire department. 

I believe this is me....fire is around the corner to the right in a small room....this was the first practice burn of the day. 

« : April 30, 2007, 04:00:43 PM NorthFairfaxBoy »

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : April 30, 2007, 04:05:42 PM »

Hi Brian,

What great pictures -- I am going to mention you in my newsletter by name if you don't mind to make sure our former Fairfax Residents from across the country come and check this posting out.  Many Thanks, keep up the good work.

Henry

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : April 30, 2007, 11:23:09 PM »

Great picture, Brian.

Mike

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : May 02, 2007, 10:09:11 AM »

Hi Brian,

I understand this is a practice Burn -- The place looks like one that was under construction -- What was the reason for burning it??

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #4 : May 02, 2007, 11:57:46 AM »

The homeowner actually just had renovated.  A building inspector came to give it a occupancy permit.  Discovered that the electrical was not up to code.  So rather than redo the electrical, the decided to tear down and try again.
It would also help to know that the owner is the wife of the FE Hart fence company founder...

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: